The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science

Hi all, I'm new in TSR, but I would just like to ask a question and hopefully some of you may be able to help me. I am currently studying health and social care level 3, on course to achieve D*D*D. My main goal is to be accepted into Newcastle in order to study GEP Medicine, however going via the route of biomedical science at Northumbria. I have already been in touch with Northumbria, in which they have informed me, in order to be able to study biomed, I would have to first undertake an applied science foundation course which is fine by me. I would be striving to achieve a first, as I always like to achieve the best I can. However, my question is, with my GCSE's which were diabolical (2 C's in English and maths, 2 D's, 3 E's, 1 F & a G - I was predicted all A's and B's but due to unforseeable health problems and mental illness, both me and my family, I was unable to fulfil my predicted grades) and the fact that I have no A-Levels (which Newcastle say they don't look at anyway apparently) do you think I still stand a chance with everything considered? I have the passion, drive and skills in which I think would be suitable for medicine, however, I'm still unsure- after all, being a Doctor is all I have ever wanted to be ever since being a child.

Any answers are appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

Gina :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just achieve the best you can! Universities are generally very generous as long as they see you are willing to work hard, have a goal & have passion. If not Northumbria have back up unit available to call on the day so they can check to see if they will take you onto their course.

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
That is brilliant! You have reassured me immensely, thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 3
If you didnt achieve those predicted grades for GCSE , most universities like to hear why that was the situation
you have a valid reason (illness and you family also being affected) and proof of your target grades will suit the unis. so dont worry try your best :smile: its also advisabe to apply to unis that are out of london .
Reply 4
Thank you so much, this has really put my mind at ease that I may not be completely considered a write off just yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending