The Student Room Group

I've been told 48 references isn't enough for a 4000 work assignment

Please help!
I've recently got my first assignment back from my tutor to be told that I need to umpiring my academic work and back my findings up with references. Which is fine but I thought that 48 references for a 4000 work assignment would be OK! I honestly don't know where to go with this.
I only got 52% which is much less than I was getting at my previous college.
I'm doing a top up degree and had to move colleges in the last year. I was getting around the 69-73% marks in my two previous years.
How many references should a 4000 word assignment have?
Reply 1
Maybe it's not about the amount of references but rather that you're not using them well enough? Honestly it would probably be best if you asked your tutor.
4000 work assignment
sry had to do it
I think your tutor questioned your references and referred to them as weak rather than questioned the actual number as too low.
With 48 references, it rather is too many; perhaps you're flying through references and points without giving them serious attention in your work. 48 is a lot.
For a 1500 summative law essay I had 33 references, using Ibid about 4 times - take from that what you will
I think its soemthing your tutor has read and he feels you werent referencing properly rather than the total number. 48 would almost seem too many, but there will be points where he will have read your essay and wondered if the point made was yours or something you read. If you are confused go back and ask him to clarify.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending