The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

Oblivion is incredible, its addictive to the point that i had to leave it at home when i came to uni this term or i would have failed my dissertation :biggrin:
Reply 1981
Can anybody confirm Devil May Cry 4's awesomeness? I was tempted to buy it the other day (bought the Orange Box instead though) but realised I hadn't read any reviews or anything on it
I was watching the trailer for DMC4, and decided it looked far too over-the-top and Japanese for my tastes.

But you're obviously into anime, so you'd probably have a completely different take on that aspect.
Jehuty^
Can anybody confirm Devil May Cry 4's awesomeness? I was tempted to buy it the other day (bought the Orange Box instead though) but realised I hadn't read any reviews or anything on it

Download the demo.
The demo of DMC 4 makes you want to avoid it like the Plague.

Not sure why i even got it... :ninja:

Traded it in already.
Reply 1985
I love DMC4. Hated it on the 360 due to the controller, but loving it on the ps3. I recommend it.
Jehuty^

Well, the Orange Box is a much better purchase.

I quite like DMC4, if you are a fan of the series or like a bit of over the top action (i.e. fine line between cool and cheesy) it's a lot of fun. Granted I am not to far into it myself, but so far, so good :biggrin:
Reply 1987
Monkey Boy Ste
Download the demo.

Sensible suggestion lol I'll try that
does anyone know of a decent 3rd party 360 controller? I need a better D-pad for Virtua Fighter!
Reply 1989
Ok, you guys know the Half Life 2 Episode 2 achievement involving carrying the gnome through the game to the rocket at the end. Well.. I put the gnome in the rocket (100% sure I did), finished the game, credits roll.. and no achievement :frown: What did I do wrong?

EDIT: My mistake, I didn't realise you had to shut the rocket door yourself.. xD
Reply 1990
Right ok. There is a new society on the societies list that I manage and actually accept the join requests so go and request to join.
Nice one :biggrin: My request is in...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=579 for anyone else that wants it.
Reply 1992
GoW 2 finally announced. Can't wait for it.

And I couldn't help but chuckle at this
uzitemp

Great news for GoW2, and lol at RRoD :laugh:
uzitemp

:rofl:

Way to go Microshaft..

GoW 2.. When is that 'out'?

As, when you get the announce date, add a year & 6 months to it.. :wink:
Well, the release date that's been announced is November 2008.
Reply 1996
make that around may '10 then? :wink:..
Reply 1997
mm 360 chat died a bit :p:

Played Burnout Paradise actually the other day. Didn't get to sample the online play but I had about 30 minutes of free driving around. The crashes are immense!! and the cars themselves look really nice. I'm definitely going to rent it now or something to get a better feel for it :smile:
Reply 1998
I'm thinking about getting my 360 modded. Anyone else on here done so? Wanted to ask few Qs.

Since you can't connect to Live, is there another way to download updates for the console or games?

Do they ban your gamertag or the actual console?
uzitemp
I'm thinking about getting my 360 modded. Anyone else on here done so? Wanted to ask few Qs.

Since you can't connect to Live, is there another way to download updates for the console or games?

Do they ban your gamertag or the actual console?

I have. You can get on xbox live if you keep your firmware uptodate with the latest as soon as it is released, but every 6 months or so microsoft get the upper hand and ban people, so it is best to watch known forums for bannings and then disconnect from xbox live lol. For me, it isn't worth ensuring all games are stealth and messing with firmware all the time so I dont bother going on live.

They ban your console, not your gamertag. Updates for games are hard to some by, unless you can download them off the internet like you could with backwards compatibility, but that rarely happens. Updates to the console often come on other games, so when you insert the game for the 1st time it updates your dashboard etc. If you are really desperate for game updates and know someone with the same legit version of the game, you take your HD to theirs and download the updates that way.

A lot of people buy a core console off ebay or something and use that for xbox live. It still works out cheaper than buying all games.

Quick Reply

Latest