The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldo VII
I think my 360 is heading for a breakdown in the not so distant future. Half of the time the tray eject button doesnt open the tray; it clicks but I have to push the tray for it to spring back and open lol :s-smilie: It just doesnt seem as good as it used to but thats probably due to the summer hols and weather :p:

My first one did that, and it was a piece of plastic on the tray next to the button that was sticking out, like when it was made, and forgot to be taken off.. Stupid MS.

But that sucks, for sure, but you are covered by the 3 year warranty, so you should be ok, as it is a fault.. Possibly hardware.. Don't know.

I hate playing it when it is boiling hot weather, afraid it's going to explode... **** that.

DiRT is now in the 2 for £40 in Gamestation..

Dead Rising, i have just got that... ****ing annoying me.
Although it is very unlikely due to the absence of a menu button, does the original xbox controller function with the xbox 360??
Nope.
Reply 383
could anyone help in the post ive just made on this forum? im so stuck :frown:
What post?

My 360 decided to show the 3 red lights 2 days ago, but thankfully it was only a power brick fault.. Useless piece of american crap.

Im getting a ps3 & wii i think.
Reply 385
.Andrew.
What post?

My 360 decided to show the 3 red lights 2 days ago, but thankfully it was only a power brick fault.. Useless piece of american crap.

Im getting a ps3 & wii i think.

Hey. having some problems getting onto xbox live.

I re-installed my modem yesterday and it now wont let me on xbox live.

Because orange broadband is a pile of ****. my wireless box hasnt worked for 6 months so im forced to use a speedtouch modem which is a basic modem which connects a solo pc to it via usb.

Theres no ports for my ethernet cable from 360 to go straight into the modem. so ive had to connect the 360 through my pc.

when it fails to connect to xbox live i do a test and it stalls at the Ip stage,
now i dont know what to do from there.
any help?
Reply 386
could be subnet masks, and stuff trying to use same IP. make sure you set settings on xbox to detect automatically. (this is technical post in non-technical jargon cos im stupid :p:)

Oh and does your modem have the internet on permanently or do you have to login on the pc to start the internet?
Bit of a tricky bugger that, i think you get an error message and code on the xbox live test? if so, just search that on the net...

Or.. Disable the firewalls on your computer, as that can sometimes prevent the 360 from connecting.

Speedtouch modem is a bit simple ain't it? All i can suggest is running the test again, take note of the error code, and research it on the net.
Reply 388
Alamothih
could be subnet masks, and stuff trying to use same IP. make sure you set settings on xbox to detect automatically. (this is technical post in non-technical jargon cos im stupid :p:)

Oh and does your modem have the internet on permanently or do you have to login on the pc to start the internet?

i have to log in to connect.
Reply 389
.Andrew.
Bit of a tricky bugger that, i think you get an error message and code on the xbox live test? if so, just search that on the net...

Or.. Disable the firewalls on your computer, as that can sometimes prevent the 360 from connecting.

Speedtouch modem is a bit simple ain't it? All i can suggest is running the test again, take note of the error code, and research it on the net.

yes i have a **** modem. but honestly ive been trying to get orange to fix my line for 6 months now. and they wont. this modem works now and again. but i get d/c all the time.

orange gave me 3 line tests each coming up inconclusive. then i rang up again to check the 4th line test. and they denied all knowledge of me having any line tests (this is inbtween about 50 other calls and them telling me the computers were down and hanging up on me)

been waiting on a migration code a month now. what do i do? lol
Reply 390
oh, cant think of another suggestion except phone MS or internet search it. If it wasnt a login id say plug into the 360 perhaps.
Cancel the orange broadband, and go over to another one..

They seem to be ****ing you about majorly, and the people on Orange help lines are far from helpful, or can even speak english.

Would be easier.
Reply 392
Alamothih

its already set to automatically detect. i think i need to open all the ports but i dunno how to. lol

can you plug the modem directly into the 360? :s-smilie:

yep orange are ****ing me about. ive just rang up there and im getting a call back in next 24 hours (they wont call back) but the guy said if that doesnt work theyll cancel my net and give me refund of months ive been having problems (at £27 a month i fecking hope so)
Reply 393
not if it requires a login etc, then you would need to route from pc to xbox as your trying to do. I havent heard anything good about orange broadband yet, so please do try and get it changed! for your health lol
i have orange broadband & it's not gone wrong and i've had it for 3 years now.

but apparently im in a good area & get 8.4meg speed..

theres one good thing u have seen now.. :p:
Reply 395
.Andrew.
i have orange broadband & it's not gone wrong and i've had it for 3 years now.

but apparently im in a good area & get 8.4meg speed..

theres one good thing u have seen now.. :p:

i was with wanadoo. and orange bought out wanadoo and made it crap.

im going with BT. cos if i get problems again theyll fix it quick - being a bt line and all...

unless yous can recommend a better and cheaper option :wink:
Reply 396
Im conteplating getting the 360 but after seeing this list I think I might be getting the ps3, what do you think of it:

No power brick
Very quite compared to the 360
Wonderful up scaling DVD playback
Wi fi and Bluetooth built in
Wireless controllers have built in charge kits
Full 1080p support
Blu-ray built in out of the box
Free online gameplay
Cell processor
Reliable
About half of those are questionable, plus none are as good as 'best selection of games'/ But it's your decision.

(The ones I say are questionable include controllers - they still haven't announced rumble and built in charge isnt that great when it means you have to plug the controllers in - having a supply of cheap rechargable AA batteries is better in the long run IMO and has stopped me wasting money on play and charge kits; 360 now has full 1080p support and can upscale DVDs, etc)
Reply 398
Err, that post sounds muddled up. Batteries are not better than rechargable kits in the long run, lol and also the charge kits with the ps3 come pre bundled so you don't have to pay for them. In reality, the xbox 360 is more expensive than the ps3 when you factor in all the needed accesories which is why I might now get the ps3. In terms of the games - right now they're poor but after the 1st quarter there will be plenty of great games for the ps3.
Reply 399
samy26
Im conteplating getting the 360 but after seeing this list I think I might be getting the ps3, what do you think of it:

No power brick - Depends where you're putting the console. Yes, it's a relatively big adapter, but not at all hard to hide away with the rest of the cables from the TV..depending on setup of course
Very quite compared to the 360 - One of the major flaws of the current 360s, though the new revision with HDMI making its way to stores soon is rumoured to be quieter
Wonderful up scaling DVD playback - The 360 does as well, though you do have the fan noise still
Wi fi and Bluetooth built in - Depends if you actually need these; I don't, but useful if you do I guess
Wireless controllers have built in charge kits - But the batteries are not removable so more hassle when they die eventually. I think I read Sony will replace the controllers free of charge when the battery dies though...don't quote me on that one though :p:
Full 1080p support - Debatable how useful this actually is; the 360 can upscale to 1080p, though no games are rendered at that level of detail
Blu-ray built in out of the box - Useful feature if you want high-def movies and is cheaper than buying a standalone player, but a fair chunk of the PS3's large price tag is down to this, so an expensive addition if you only want to play games
Free online gameplay - Another plus point, but Live! isn't that expensive; about £3.30 a month or half that cost if you buy a years sub from eBay
Cell processor - So...? :confused:
Reliable - Time will tell, but it does indeed seem more reliable than the current crop of 360s, though the new revision should sort the existing problems

My thoughts in bold :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest