The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

got mine from gamespot last night, cant wait till monday :biggrin:
I registered with that COD 4 beta thing a few weeks ago, not to bothered if i get a go or not :biggrin:

Im stuck at what game to buy now, i have 10 now, might just keep them, and wait for Halo 3 :biggrin:

Roll on halo 3!
Reply 782
My console has just been afflicted by the RED RING OF DEATH

I can't believe it :bawling:
:eek:

Time to ring the most useful place on earth (m$ customer service), and order it's coffin :p:
.Andrew.
:eek:

Time to ring the most useful place on earth (m$ customer service), and order it's coffin :p:

:laugh:
Reply 785
This is really taking the piss; I finished my conversation with customer support, who said they were going to email me some labels, and you know what the last thing they said was?

"Have a great day"

**** off.
kolo5
This is really taking the piss; I finished my conversation with customer support, who said they were going to email me some labels, and you know what the last thing they said was?

"Have a great day"

**** off.

:rofl:

Would suck for the people who don't have printers.

They really suck don't they, old M$ customer service are ****ers.. as you have found out now.

Do you have to pay the postage costs?

4-6 weeks without a 360, :frown: That really bites :eek:
Reply 787
.Andrew.
:rofl:

Would suck for the people who don't have printers.

They really suck don't they, old M$ customer service are ****ers.. as you have found out now.

Do you have to pay the postage costs?

4-6 weeks without a 360, :frown: That really bites :eek:

Actually, apart from that it wasn't too bad. Although he struggled with his English (and it didn't help that I'm colour blind), he did explain that if I don't have a printer he could post the labels to me.

Basically, he's emailing me the pre-paid postage labels and courier details; all I have to do is put the console in a box, ring up the courier and arrange for them to collect it.

Thank GOD for three year warranties :biggrin:

And yeah, I'm extra gutted cos these were the last three weeks I was gonna use the 360 before leaving it behind when I left for uni, now I don't even get to play it before I go :frown:
:frown:

I don't feel your pain (yet), but not being able to play it before uni, the days will go so slow! :eek:

They not even sending you a box? If not, the cheek of them... :mad:

Anyway, it;s free, can't really complain there.

It will be back before you know it :wink:
Reply 789
Hahahaha I seriously hope you're right!

The funny thing is, I was thinking to myself only a month ago, "Hmmm, I bought this console within three months of its launch, one of the earlier problematic ones, and it STILL works beautifully."

Damn.
Jinxed... :frown:

All you need now is good luck, they aren't known for their quickness :frown:

If you're lucky, you might get a brand new one back :biggrin:
Reply 791
haha I'm feeling better already!
Reply 792
Checked my Bioshock CD today and noticed it has a few scratches on it.

My lovely xbox has been scratching my disks. :smile:

I signed up for the CoD4 beta but I don't know if they will send me one - first come first serve. Do I have to be online or something? :s-smilie:
Reply 793
No you don't, I was on holiday when they sent me my token and I got on fine when I got back.
Reply 794
If you got the ring of death like I did, why send it back to m$, when you could just return it to the retailer? I took mine into GAME the day it happened, and got it swapped over and all sorted in 5 minutes.
Reply 795
I got mine 18 months ago from HMV in Gatwick, so doubt they'd be willing to do anything at my local branch
bowdeni
If you got the ring of death like I did, why send it back to m$, when you could just return it to the retailer? I took mine into GAME the day it happened, and got it swapped over and all sorted in 5 minutes.

Yeah, that does work, to some extent, but I don't know if they'll only allow it within a year of purchase. The good thing is, you don't even have to return it to the store you got it from.
Reply 797
It should ok up to a couple of years, just research the sales & goods act and quote it.

Yeah I bought mine in Kent but got it swapped over in Surrey. Service was good.
Reply 798
Reply 799
Got mine from gamespot (link above)

'trying to join potential matches...'

It seems nearly everyone is having this problem. Go developers! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest