The Student Room Group

TSR Xbox Society

Scroll to see replies

In case you didn't know, Undertow is available for free download now. But get it quick if you want it, because the free-ness ends on Monday.

And there's a DMC4 demo! w00t.
Reply 1781
TBH i think this latest burnout is a travesty. its like theyve taken the NFS underground team and added them to the burnout team, bar the handling and some of the crash effects its now need for speed: burnout not Burnout Paradise
Dinendal Leralonde
In case you didn't know, Undertow is available for free download now. But get it quick if you want it, because the free-ness ends on Monday.

whattttt, my xbox is bloody broke :frown:
Ronaldo VII
You have to find races etc, and as there is no route you have to navigate yourself which means pausing to look at the map every minute which is annoying. Even then you find yourself missing a turn/going the wrong way and then have a few minute detour by which time you're in last place :s-smilie:

There's a navigation compass bit at the top of the screen to show you were you should be racing to and how far away it is.
coloursonthetv
There's a navigation compass bit at the top of the screen to show you were you should be racing to and how far away it is.

The compass is just that; a compass. Knowing the general direction of the finishline isn't the problem. You can be going in the right direction but take a road that doesn't have an exit until you've gone too far.
Ronaldo VII
The compass is just that; a compass. Knowing the general direction of the finishline isn't the problem. You can be going in the right direction but take a road that doesn't have an exit until you've gone too far.

Hasn't happened to me so far.

It's a good game, fun online.
Reply 1786
samsam123
whattttt, my xbox is bloody broke :frown:

See if you can put your hard drive into a friends xbox that is connected to live and download it.
wizard710
See if you can put your hard drive into a friends xbox that is connected to live and download it.

never thought of that one... thanks alot :biggrin:
Morgoth
TBH i think this latest burnout is a travesty. its like theyve taken the NFS underground team and added them to the burnout team, bar the handling and some of the crash effects its now need for speed: burnout not Burnout Paradise

What! :s-smilie:
I'm saving this till after my Jan exams, I hope its not that bad, I love Burnout, esp. 3!
It is a step backwards. If you can, play the demo/a mates/or even rent it before spending the money :s-smilie:
Reply 1790
Heads up guys, anyone looking for a 12 month sub for Xbox Live, here's one for £24.99

http://www.powerplaydirect.com/asp/itemdetails.asp?prodID=913763&currsec=ac&refID=aw
Reply 1791
PGR2, headset and 12 month sub for £24.99 :s-smilie: doesn't sound too shabby
Ronaldo VII
You have to find races etc, and as there is no route you have to navigate yourself which means pausing to look at the map every minute which is annoying. Even then you find yourself missing a turn/going the wrong way and then have a few minute detour by which time you're in last place :s-smilie:

You're supposed to get to know the routes yourself, that was their intention as far as i can gather. The idea is that you use freeburn to get to know the city and then you won't have to keep looking at the map, you get to know the shortcuts by driving them and then in a race its all much more natural. It also means they don't have to stick invisible barriers everywhere.
uzi786
Heads up guys, anyone looking for a 12 month sub for Xbox Live, here's one for £24.99

http://www.powerplaydirect.com/asp/itemdetails.asp?prodID=913763&currsec=ac&refID=aw

Thanks, but too late, OOS :frown:
Reply 1794
isnt that xbox LIVE original? dont you need a different one for the 360 version?
Reply 1795
Morgoth
isnt that xbox LIVE original? dont you need a different one for the 360 version?

Nope it works, I got my order in.... XBL is XBL.
That one is to make a new account isn't it?

Xbox Live has worked for 3 days in a row now.. It's a record.. :party:
Reply 1797
.Andrew.
That one is to make a new account isn't it?

Xbox Live has worked for 3 days in a row now.. It's a record.. :party:

Nope, you can renew. People don't buy it coz they think it won't work, and stores use to put it on sale coz they thought it was out dated stock. It'll work. I googled that **** :cool:
Really? I thought they never worked, how i was wrong all this time :eek:

I got my sub running until feb 2009 now, all for free.

This is why i now love live again.
Comrade_Jack
You're supposed to get to know the routes yourself, that was their intention as far as i can gather. The idea is that you use freeburn to get to know the city and then you won't have to keep looking at the map, you get to know the shortcuts by driving them and then in a race its all much more natural. It also means they don't have to stick invisible barriers everywhere.

That takes ages, I just want to race lol.

Quick Reply

Latest