The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester Uni 2016 applicants

Hello, I'm hoping to attend Winchester uni in September 2016 to study education studies (early childhood) and was wondering if anyone else is? Or any other course, leave a comment! I was also wondering if anyone knew how often id have a lesson/seminar/lecture in a week. Another question, I was thinking of commuting in my second and third year and was wondering if parking permits are available to buy for students looking to commute!

Anyway, leave some replies if you're a 2016 applicant as I'd love to get to know some people!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I applied for Creative Writing. I can't really answer your questions but I'm super excited about going to uni.
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
Hello! I'm looking to study education studies at Winchester too, where else have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 3
hey, I've firmed Winchester for Criminology & Law :smile:
Reply 4
I'm too nervous to finalise everything! What accommodation did you like at Winchester? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mollsmae
I'm too nervous to finalise everything! What accommodation did you like at Winchester? :smile:

I did like Queen's! But now I'm thinking as I'm doing quite an intense course that involves exams I would prefer somewhere more quiet. Apparently when it's time to apply for accommodation you can specify whether you would like quiet/moderately quiet etc! So I'm going to wait until then to decide. Just inboxed you btw! :biggrin:
Reply 6
I didn't get a chance to look around queens :frown: but I did like burma! I'm not too sure which accommodation will be the quietest/loudest etc? :/ Will message you now! :smile:
Hello! I'm looking to study education studies at Winchester too, where else have you applied to? :smile:

Hello, I've applied to just Winchester and Oxford Brookes:smile: what about you?
Reply 8
Original post by louloulou1998
Hello, I've applied to just Winchester and Oxford Brookes:smile: what about you?

Oh wow, I'm looking to firm Winchester and put Oxford Brookes as my insurance! How exciting :smile:
I’ve got an offer from Winchester to do English Literature and History, I’m thinking about putting it as my firm choice
Reply 10
Hey, Just got a place for sociology :smile: My two choices are going to be Winchester and Oxford Brookes like a few of you on here, I'm leaning towards putting Brookes as my firm and Winchester insurance
I firmed Winchester the other day and put Oxford Brookes as my insurance! We're all obviously very similar people for looking at the same few unis haha :smile: Congratulations on getting offers and good luck :smile:
Congratulations for getting offers!! :smile:

I remember being in this same position 3 years ago :biggrin:

Winchester is an amazing uni, not that im being biased or anything :wink:

My house mate studies Education Studies (Early Childhood) so I'm sure she wouldn't mind being bombarded with questions from potential freshers. From what i recall in first year she had 4 lectures which lasted approximately 2 hours to 3 hours each, so you're only going to be on campus for approximately 8-12 hours each week. However, you're expected to do 4 hours independent study each week, for each module.

For commuting to campus id recommend using the park and rides located just off the M3. This is because finding a free car parking space on campus is like finding a needle in hay stack, especially if you have a 12pm start.
I firmed Winchester the other day and put Oxford Brookes as my insurance! We're all obviously very similar people for looking at the same few unis haha :smile: Congratulations on getting offers and good luck :smile:

Wow, reading this and so shocked to see so many people applied for Winchester and Oxford Brookes.... as I applied to both and got offers from both too!

But I've firmed Brookes for Education and History :smile:
Reply 14
Hi I've got a place to study Archeology starting September 2016 :smile: I'm applying for accommodation mid February, so pretty soon! I'm thinking of Queens - does anyone know what it's like in a twin room? It'd keep costs down but I'm wondering about space etc?
I've applied for Theology, Religion & Ethics and have an interview tomorrow...did you all have interviews too? Hoping for the best!
hey there! Winchester's my firm offer for Forensic Studies, which I'm super excited about.
Reply 17
Original post by deansmith
hey there! Winchester's my firm offer for Forensic Studies, which I'm super excited about.

Yay! We're both doing social sciences related to crime 😊
[QUOTE=Aleeexxi;62380597]Congratulations for getting offers!! :smile:

I remember being in this same position 3 years ago :biggrin:

Winchester is an amazing uni, not that im being biased or anything :wink:

My house mate studies Education Studies (Early Childhood) so I'm sure she wouldn't mind being bombarded with questions from potential freshers. From what i recall in first year she had 4 lectures which lasted approximately 2 hours to 3 hours each, so you're only going to be on campus for approximately 8-12 hours each week. However, you're expected to do 4 hours independent study each week, for each module.

For commuting to campus id recommend using the park and rides located just off the M3. This is because finding a free car parking space on campus is like finding a needle in hay stack, especially if you have a 12pm start.

Thankyou so much for replying!I was also looking at the park and ride and lots of other people have recommended that too, so thanks for helping!I'm so nervous to go but I know it'll be fine and fun once I'm there!!Thanks again!xxx
[QUOTE=Mollsmae;62131829]Oh wow, I'm looking to firm Winchester and put Oxford Brookes as my insurance! How exciting :smile:

I'm looking to firm Winchester too! So excited to see other people firming too! Oxford Brookes will definitley be my insurance as well!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending