The Student Room Group

10 reasons to stand up to Islamophobia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Yes, we can conclusively state from these unemployment figures that the discrepancy is simply due to discrimination. Meanwhile, heres an article from 4 days ago explaining how muslims put their religion before the most critical part of their education :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/jan/06/popular-exams-in-uk-to-be-rescheduled-to-avoid-ramadan

That is their problem- they are simply too religious, which causes problems in every country they emigrate to.

You cannot have such widespread problems with only one religion and claim its not the religion which causes it.
Original post by AlwaysWatching
murder is fine, so is rape (both are bad), use those examples.

Are you claiming that an Atheist has never committed any of those heinous crimes?

Communism supports the removal of the bourgeoisie - how that is done is upto ones imagination.

So it's not really communism that promotes mass genocide/rape, is it?

Please tell me you are joking about the bible...

That's not answering my question.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Are you claiming that an Atheist has never committed any of those heinous crimes?

So it's not really communism that promotes mass genocide/rape, is it?

That's not answering my question.

Erm no. I'm saying that is rare that atheist commit a crime "because there is no God". Yes they commit crimes, but not because they are atheists. They don't think "Ahh Stalin was an atheist, he killed farmers. I too shall go farmers because I also is an atheist".

Communism is not "atheist". The type practiced by the USSR was militarised secularism, which is a lot different. The purges were not carried out because some people believed in God, and Stalin did not.

Lastly have you heard the term "there are no stupid questions". Well its a lie, and what you're asking is the equivalent of asking why their are pink cucumbers in the sky. If you really don't understand my point, then you need to pick up the bible and actually read it.
Erm no. I'm saying that is rare that atheist commit a crime "because there is no God". Yes they commit crimes, but not because they are atheists. They don't think "Ahh Stalin was an atheist, he killed farmers. I too shall go farmers because I also is an atheist".

Justification of a crime largely has nothing to do with the perpetration of the crime.

Let's say that Muslims were told to not rape/kill, does that mean that there won't be Muslim murderers and rapists?

Atheists are taught that murder/rape is wrong yet we see murders and rapes committed by Atheists.

Communism is not "atheist". The type practiced by the USSR was militarised secularism, which is a lot different. The purges were not carried out because some people believed in God, and Stalin did not.

Again, you don't seem to understand.

Despite Atheists being taught that murder/rape is wrong, there are murders and rapes committed by Atheists.

In spite of the fact that Islam tells Muslims to murder/rape, according to one user, not all Muslims engage in such activities.

Lastly have you heard the term "there are no stupid questions". Well its a lie, and what you're asking is the equivalent of asking why their are pink cucumbers in the sky. If you really don't understand my point, then you need to pick up the bible and actually read it.

I don't see any verses that promote mass genocide/rape and which Hitler used as a justification for his terrible actions but clearly, you've been reading a different Bible to everyone else.
Justification of a crime largely has nothing to do with the perpetration of the crime.

Erm no. If you kill someone in self defence, it's a lot different to killing somebody just for the hell of it. Justification and motive is important in all law courts.

Let's say that Muslims were told to not rape/kill, does that mean that there won't be Muslim murderers and rapists?

Strawman

Atheists are taught that murder/rape is wrong yet we see murders and rapes committed by Atheists.

Atheists aren't taught anything since they don't have a belief system. There is no set standard of defining beliefs other than a lack of belief in a diety. Some still believe in money, others believe in ghosts, whilst others believe in dancing unicorns. Irrelevant. They are taught (In Britain) in a school system that is culturally Christian.

Again, you don't seem to understand.

Despite Atheists being taught that murder/rape is wrong, there are murders and rapes committed by Atheists.

Already covered this. They are taught by the School system. There is no set standard of beliefs and values.

In spite of the fact that Islam tells Muslims to murder/rape, according to one user, not all Muslims engage in such activities.

Complete strawman. If Islam teachers a Muslims to rape and murder, then it teaches to rape and murder. Just because most Muslims don't it doesn't mean that the verses in the Qur'an don't exist and/or are invisible.

I don't see any verses that promote mass genocide/rape and which Hitler used as a justification for his terrible actions but clearly, you've been reading a different Bible to everyone else.

Again irrelevant strawman. Hitler was a Christian. But he did not justify (usually) his killing because he was a Christian. He didn't use Christian verses because he felt that a different ideology called Nazism was superior.

If you want a mass genocide that has been backed by Christian theology from the bible, look at Pope Urban II speech at the council of Clermont to justify the First Crusade. Look at the Knights Templar Rule. Look at the reasoning for the state of Jerusalem after the First Crusade etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvOtFFnPTj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0aJnL4ReS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRwMuBcpBw

Please give up the illogical strawmans.
(edited 8 years ago)

I've decided to cut the crap out of your post, for you were making no sense at all.

In essence, the presence or absence of verses (or belief system) makes no difference to whether someone would be a murderer or a rapist.

Yes, verses (or a belief system) may be used as justification, grounded in rationality or irrationality, for an action, but I happen to think, as proven by the fact that Muslims and Atheists commit heinous crimes, that it makes no difference to the actual commission of a crime.
I've decided to cut the crap out of your post, for you were making no sense at all.

In essence, the presence or absence of verses (or belief system) makes no difference to whether someone would be a murderer or a rapist.

Yes, verses (or a belief system) may be used as justification, grounded in rationality or irrationality, for an action, but I happen to think, as proven by the fact that Muslims and Atheists commit heinous crimes, that it makes no difference to the actual commission of a crime.

Which bit wasn't making sense?

So by your logic, somebody who follows wahhabism Islam is just as likely to commit murder as a Quaker. (Not in terms of capability, but in terms of belief). If you truly believe that, then you are a fool.What you think is completely irrelevant. Of course atheists are capable of committing crimes. But they aren't committing them because they are atheists. They commit them for other more materialistic reasons. Religious people are as equally likely to commit crimes for materialistic reasons, but also, because they believe in religions that support, promote and teach that violence is acceptable in certain circumstances, are also likely to commit crimes for a religious motive. A Muslim who kills apostates is killing apostates precisely because it is what has been taught to him from the Qur'an. The motive is religious, and the justification is religious.
Which bit wasn't making sense?

So by your logic, somebody who follows wahhabism Islam is just as likely to commit murder as a Quaker. (Not in terms of capability, but in terms of belief). If you truly believe that, then you are a fool.What you think is completely irrelevant. Of course atheists are capable of committing crimes. But they aren't committing them because they are atheists. They commit them for other more materialistic reasons. Religious people are as equally likely to commit crimes for materialistic reasons, but also, because they believe in religions that support, promote and teach that violence is acceptable in certain circumstances, are also likely to commit crimes for a religious motive. A Muslim who kills apostates is killing apostates precisely because it is what has been taught to him from the Qur'an. The motive is religious, and the justification is religious.

I was under the impression that the killing of apostates (a heinous act) was to be exercised by the State, and not just any random Joe off the street.

Regardless, you are conflating the commission of and the justification of an act, and the nature of Islam means that unfortunately, this (conflation) happens quite a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending