The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Not sure which accommodation to apply for?

I preferably want to minimise costs, so I'm looking at Carnatic or Greenbank, but I'm not sure which one to pick. I want to make friends, of course, but I don't really drink or party that much. I've heard that the rooms at Carnatic aren't that great, but also that they are being refurbished this year? Which halls would you recommend?
Carnatic won't be refurbished I doubt. It's being sold off, knocked down or both in 2020. It's a bit grim but McNair and Salisbury are newer inside and pretty decent, they're by far the best for condition.

It's cheap, it's cheerful, it's social and people party hard. I don't really drink and party all that much but I've still made good friends.

Can't vouch for Greenbank but friends who have visited me in McNair say McNair is amazing in comparison to Greenbank. Remember there's only one hall left at Greenbank all the rest have been knocked down already and they're building new accommodation but that won't be ready next year.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Edminzodo
I preferably want to minimise costs, so I'm looking at Carnatic or Greenbank, but I'm not sure which one to pick. I want to make friends, of course, but I don't really drink or party that much. I've heard that the rooms at Carnatic aren't that great, but also that they are being refurbished this year? Which halls would you recommend?

I stayed at Greenbank and really enjoyed it. The rooms are a really good size and most get a little balcony which is good :tongue: whilst Greenbank is much smaller than Carnatic, it's still very sociable. They hold small events in the main building such as free pizza nights for each block, quizzes etc. It's also a little closer to the uni which is good, has a nice park opposite it and is generally a nice area to live. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what you're going for.

You want cheap and want to party hard? Carnatic.

You want half social and half party that Carnatic offers? Greenbank.

Vine Court and Crown Place... Well, I've heard that they're not really sociable there, but I heard the living facilities are amazing.
Original post by Changing Skies
I stayed at Greenbank and really enjoyed it. The rooms are a really good size and most get a little balcony which is good :tongue: whilst Greenbank is much smaller than Carnatic, it's still very sociable. They hold small events in the main building such as free pizza nights for each block, quizzes etc. It's also a little closer to the uni which is good, has a nice park opposite it and is generally a nice area to live. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I was thinking about Greenbank, but I've heard it's a bit antisocial due to the fact that it has no common room? Is this true?
Original post by willow95
Melville Grove is lovely! I feel like people sometimes forget it exists! Its the cheapest accommodation and the uni is just across the road, its all been refurbished too and there's not much of a party atmosphere here, i think you'd like it :smile:

It does look nice, but food is very important to me!!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by willow95
Melville Grove is lovely! I feel like people sometimes forget it exists! Its the cheapest accommodation and the uni is just across the road, its all been refurbished too and there's not much of a party atmosphere here, i think you'd like it :smile:

how many people are there to a bathroom in Melville?
Original post by hlk29
how many people are there to a bathroom in Melville?

I thought they were en-suites?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Edminzodo
I thought they were en-suites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im pretty sure it's shared bathrooms.. can someone please clarify for us ahah
Original post by hlk29
Im pretty sure it's shared bathrooms.. can someone please clarify for us ahah

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/on-campus-accommodation/melville-grove/

You get a basin in your room but bathrooms are shared and cleaned three times per week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ive heard some really bad reviews about Carnatic and bus issues, but everyone says its really social and you make loads of friends. i'm thinking of heading to Vine court or Crown place. Possibly Melville Grove if its nice.

Has anyone thought about private halls? A lot of them seem to be a heck of a lot nicer and cheaper too
Reply 11
North Western ftw :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending