The Student Room Group

Social Work Application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by nattie226
Omg 😂😂 excuse my bad language

There is loads of things on care and control online. Parent substance abuse can be like they can still look after their children. You would see the signs of neglect if the parent was. Like ur trying to keep the family unit stuff like that.
Reply 81
Original post by Emza1005
Few people from my class were at it on Friday. They asked about parent substance abuse and the exam was about care control.

Oh god an exam! Was it like marked for what you answer or more your English skills do you know 😱?
Reply 82
I think a bit of both.
Just noticed this thread existed!

I applied for Strathclyde, UWS and Glasgow Caledonian. Rejected from Strathclyde which was a bit gutting as I'd already been a student there for three years. Got through to the stage 2 of UWS's application so thats good news at least. Not heard anything back from GCU which worries me slightly when many of you have.
Reply 84
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Just noticed this thread existed!

I applied for Strathclyde, UWS and Glasgow Caledonian. Rejected from Strathclyde which was a bit gutting as I'd already been a student there for three years. Got through to the stage 2 of UWS's application so thats good news at least. Not heard anything back from GCU which worries me slightly when many of you have.

I know a girl in 2nd year at GCU and most of her year had to do an essay to get in so maybe you'll get that! Good luck with UWS but!
Yeah on the 17th, u?

Can anyone whos been to cali interview has was the written exam difficult and what did it involve??
Reply 86
Original post by Terrryyy123
Can anyone whos been to cali interview has was the written exam difficult and what did it involve??
Did anyone get back to you about what's asked?
Original post by SSR20
Did anyone get back to you about what's asked?

The written part was on care and control and group talk on parental substance misuse
Reply 88
I JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR SOCIAL WORK AT RGU WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Anyone else got an offer?????😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
Original post by Chicken999
I JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR SOCIAL WORK AT RGU WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Anyone else got an offer?????😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Nope, my interview was only last week so they said it won't be till two weeks afterwards, oh and congratulations 😁😁
Well done chick xxx
Reply 91
Nope, my interview was only last week so they said it won't be till two weeks afterwards, oh and congratulations 😁😁

Aw ace hope it went well! You'll be fine! Thank you very much!!!! 😊
Reply 92
Original post by kerrylu21
Well done chick xxx

Thank you very much! I waited sooooooo long😂😂
Has anyone heard anything from Strathclyde/Cali/UWS/RGU/Dundee since either essays or interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes I have, I've had a conditional offer from RGU. not heard from the others though! Hope you hear soon :smile:
Original post by Hiyahiyahiya
Yes I have, I've had a conditional offer from RGU. not heard from the others though! Hope you hear soon :smile:

Ahhhh amazing well done 😀😀 when did you go for your interview for there?? Getting sooooo nervous now!
I got an unconditional for stirling & well done !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Des18shiels

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing well done! I'm still waiting to hear back for all unis 😫
Original post by Des18shiels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! I'm still waiting! Where else have u applied?

Quick Reply

Latest