The Student Room Group

year 13 social work

Would I be at disadavantge for applying for a social work BA degree due to my age.? Im 18 and my career advisor said that older applicants normally apply and get offers. I have good A level predicted grades and direct relevant work exprience so I have a chance right? He has just been throwing me off throughout the majority of year 13 and I just need a second constructive opinion to know if it is possible or not 💀
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by yesihatemaths
Would I be at disadavantge for applying for a social work BA degree due to my age.? Im 18 and my career advisor said that older applicants normally apply and get offers. I have good A level predicted grades and direct relevant work exprience so I have a chance right? He has just been throwing me off throughout the majority of year 13 and I just need a second constructive opinion to know if it is possible or not 💀

I would apply for it and ignore your careers advisor, especially if you don't have a back up plan. It sounds like it is what you want do and you have relevant work experience so you do have a chance.
Hey,

My teacher at Sixth Form said the same thing but I ignored it and continued to pursue my choice. I'm now doing Social Work BA 1st year and I do not regret it. Also, most people are my age however there are the odd 25+ year olds.

I recommend Social Work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending