The Student Room Group

What exactly is a Jinn in Islam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Butternuts96
Essentially are the same as humans but they live amongst us in in their own dimensions so they can see us but we can't see them, All of them possess certain powers which they can use for evil or good. There are muslim ones, christian ones all sorts of them and God will judge them exactly how He judges us and He expects of them the same what He expects from us humans (to obey him).

Thank you, these answers are a lot more helpful than google
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Then you are by extension saying that he's going to hell. If he's not going to paradise then what other place is there to go? As far as I know Islam does not espouse a belief in limbo/purgatory.

This is interesting actually. Islam may believe in a limbo. Inhabitants of such place will have both hell and heavan in sight. Check out Chapter 7:46-47.
Original post by tomheath17
Thank you, these answers are a lot more helpful that google

No problem. Google may give ideas and beliefs that aren't really from Islam eg sufism/shias etc

If you ever want to learn about Islam, make sure you check out IslamQA. There are too many sects of "Islam" out there my friend so make sure you research about Islam from the correct way. These people are called salafis/wahhabis. These people follow what I like to call evidence-based Islam free of fake/false beliefs and practises.
Reply 43
No problem. Google may give ideas and beliefs that aren't really from Islam eg sufism/shias etc

If you ever want to learn about Islam, make sure you check out IslamQA. There are too many sects of "Islam" out there my friend so make sure you research about Islam from the correct way. These people are called salafis/wahhabis. These people follow what I like to call evidence-based Islam free of fake/false beliefs and practises.

I definitely check out the website, and thank you again

I disagree.
Original post by champ_mc99
I disagree.

With what?
With what?

With IslamQA (salafis/wahabis) being the best source for knowledge.

I agree with your disagreement... A better, more traditional and more qualified place to seek your knowledge would be http://seekershub.org.
Original post by Someboady
I agree with your disagreement... A better, more traditional and more qualified place to seek your knowledge would be http://seekershub.org.

Ummm... Firstly thanks but my point wasn't about which is a better source, just that islamqa isn't that great. I never heard of that site before. But it looks good :smile:

Why? Are they not the only group that provides evidences? They're the only people that haven't added/removed or changed the beliefs and practices present at the time of Muhammed (peace and prayers be upon him) and that is exactly what Muhammed stressed upon to the Muslims before he died. He said to cling onto his path with your molar teeth because many groups will try and change Islam. This is why you see extremists like ISIS as well as the other extremes such as liberalism. These guys change the religion from what Muhammed left behind. Same as the sufis and the shias, these are the innovators who had added to the religion.
Why? Are they not the only group that provides evidences? They're the only people that haven't added/removed or changed the beliefs and practices present at the time of Muhammed (peace and prayers be upon him) and that is exactly what Muhammed stressed upon to the Muslims before he died. He said to cling onto his path with your molar teeth because many groups will try and change Islam. This is why you see extremists like ISIS as well as the other extremes such as liberalism. These guys change the religion from what Muhammed left behind. Same as the sufis and the shias, these are the innovators who had added to the religion.

To be honest ISIS are most likely from the salafis and wahabis. They pluck out ayahs from the quran and use it to their own will without looking at the context other opinions etc.
To be honest ISIS are most likely from the salafis and wahabis. They pluck out ayahs from the quran and use it to their own will without looking at the context other opinions etc.

That's what the shia, sufis, the innovators and the media say to deter people from true salafism/wahhabism. And it works 100% but it's false. ISIS are khaarijites which you have defined in the above quote.

Salafism is far from the liberal extreme and conservative extreme. Salafism is exactly word for word, uncontested-in-authenticity-Islam practiced by Muhammed (peace and prayer upon him) devoid of any new/changed beliefs. People have a big thing against salafism because they want to change the religion to make it easier/more fun etc.
That's what the shia, sufis, the innovators and the media say to deter people from true salafism/wahhabism. And it works 100% but it's false. ISIS are khaarijites which you have defined in the above quote.

Salafism is far from the liberal extreme and conservative extreme. Salafism is exactly word for word, uncontested-in-authenticity-Islam practiced by Muhammed (peace and prayer upon him) devoid of any new/changed beliefs. People have a big thing against salafism because they want to change the religion to make it easier/more fun etc.

Lol okay whatever you say. Let's not start a debate in this thread.
Lol okay whatever you say. Let's not start a debate in this thread.

Lol true but I had to clarify for the OP because otherwise he might go on some sufi/shia/wierd group islamic website and learn the wrong stuff about jinns/islam
Original post by yusraali
Hey there, I'm doing religious studies as well (philosophy and ethics) and I did an essay on life after death and Islam that received a low A. PM me and I can send it to you if you want. Also, if you want more original, authentic info you can read some online translations of the Quran. Most Quran translation websites have a contents page of chapters (called surahs). You should try read Surah Qiyamah (literal translation is resurrection) which gives more detail on resurrection. It's also not that long. Good luck :-)

Hey, are you doing Edexcel, if so, would you mind sending me this essay too! :smile:
Original post by Adorable98
Hey, are you doing Edexcel, if so, would you mind sending me this essay too! :smile:

Hey, I'm sorry but I'm doing OCR
Original post by yusraali
Hey, I'm sorry but I'm doing OCR

No worries! :smile:
I play Jihn on LOL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending