The Student Room Group

German Leisure Centre Bans All Migrants After Schoolgirl was assaulted

Scroll to see replies

:ditto:

Edit: crap I forgot I posted a message before this, this is for the wiki guy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by TunaTunnel
In the case of migrants Islam is the reason why male children do not respect female children, period.

Almost right. I'm starting to think that boys don't respect girls in any culture, and that Islam nurtures this natural inclination. Western cultures at least try to correct it through upbringing - one thing to be grateful for.
Original post by rockrunride
You're the one attempting to make jokes out of rape and discrimination.

I didnt make a joke about rape or discrimination, nor did i "attempt".
I did, successfully make a joke about the criteria on which a poster said they should be excluded from swimming pools

Not that I advocate racial profiling (and by the above post I take it that you do but feel free to correct me) but there have been a sizeable community of Turks in Germany for the last 50 years. Not easy to racially distinguish from Syrians. Where does that leave them?

Given the current crisis, i support racial profiling of recent economic migrants when it comes to children and women in particularly vulnerable public places (Swimming baths) That said there will be other precursors to identify persons such as passport or ID and fluency and ability to speak the German language which recent economic migrants will not have or be fluent in

It leaves them in a bad place if they enjoy swimming and visiting leisure centres because they will potentially be refused entry along with recent economic migrants. Ever heard the saying "The minority always spoil it for the majority"?

It applies here, a little like when 200 football hooligans induce a stadium ban and the other 50,000 supporters pay the price aswell (Only the consequences and stakes are much higher in regard to womens safety from sexual deviants)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I didnt make a joke about rape or discrimination, nor did i "attempt".
I did, successfully make a joke about the criteria on which a poster said they should be excluded from swimming pools

Given the current crisis, i support racial profiling of recent economic migrants when it comes to children and women in particularly vulnerable public places (Swimming baths) That said there will be other precursors to identify persons such as passport or ID and fluency and ability to speak the German language which recent economic migrants will not have or be fluent in

It leaves them in a bad place if they enjoy swimming and visiting leisure centres because they will potentially be refused entry along with recent economic migrants. Ever heard the saying "The minority always spoil it for the majority"?

It applies here, a little like when 200 football hooligans induce a stadium ban and the other 50,000 supporters pay the price aswell (Only the consequences and stakes are much higher in regard to womens safety from sexual deviants)

That's probably where I'd agree with you on this one - papers, regardless of ethnic background, or no entry. Much easier to get a conviction if someone does try it.

The joke wasn't funny by the way - it was absolutely about discrimination and loosely related to rape, two topics no adult should find amusing.
Original post by llys
Almost right. I'm starting to think that boys don't respect girls in any culture, and that Islam nurtures this natural inclination. Western cultures at least try to correct it through upbringing - one thing to be grateful for.

Your right it is culture not religion. Tunnatunnel is just channeling his hatred for Islam. Any straight red blooded male will be sexually aroused if they see a hot woman walking down the street. In western culture we've been drilled with the "you can see but not touch" attitude wheras in asian culture it's not that simple and the woman is seen as "asking for trouble". This is where all the trouble comes from and some migrants who commit these actions genuinely don't know the difference in culture here.
Reply 45
Original post by Longshot700
Actually it's disgusting that you correlate something has disgusting as sexual harassment with something that someone can't help etc. skin colour.

If anything is backwards, it's racism.

Where the hell did I mention skin colour? I said you could know their status thanks to their inability to speak German.
We all would. Who doesnt love a bit of gangrape commited by white boys? Its the main reason i want a daughter and not a son, so i can cherish her first gangrape at the local park by good British white men

Tbf - not that it's right to have differing attitudes or that gangs = individuals - I've had different attitudes towards my own assaults by Brits than people show to migrant attackers, even if it's just a one on one thing.
Reply 47
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Tbf - not that it's right to have differing attitudes or that gangs = individuals - I've had different attitudes towards my own assaults by Brits than people show to migrant attackers, even if it's just a one on one thing.

What assaults?
Hang on a sec. If migrants are banned if I move there will they not let me in?

I'm white and bald - my appearance is also associated with an unsavoury cult of people. I don't fancy my chances :frown:

Probably for the best. I wouldn't want to share a swimming pool with a Spurs fan.
What assaults?

Sexually assaulted and raped. I think the worst attitude I had was from a GP, of all people
Reply 50
Sexually assaulted and raped. I think the worst attitude I had was from a GP, of all people

:cry:
Original post by thunder_chunky
Probably for the best. I wouldn't want to share a swimming pool with a Spurs fan.

All a bit creepy aren't we.

:cry:

My GP said 'well at least you weren't raped!' Banter
Reply 53
My GP said 'well at least you weren't raped!' Banter

Should have reported them.
That's probably where I'd agree with you on this one - papers, regardless of ethnic background, or no entry. Much easier to get a conviction if someone does try it.

The joke wasn't funny by the way - it was absolutely about discrimination and loosely related to rape, two topics no adult should find amusing.

Good.

The joke wasnt funny IN YOUR OPINION
No adult should find amusing IN YOUR OPINION
Original post by llys
Good.

I do wonder though, if those were white boys, how many of you would excuse their behaviour?

i wouldnt. I dont give a damn about thier ethnicity.

But this is how Syrians (and others) treat thier women, second class citizens abused by the men.

It is part of thier culture that is totally anathema to ours

Until they collectively learn to respect Western culture why should they be let in?

And how will they learn that? To us this behaviour is unacceptable. If these people are coming into Germany they need to be taught before they interact with the populace
Good.

The joke wasnt funny IN YOUR OPINION
No adult should find amusing IN YOUR OPINION

I'd hope in your opinion no-one finds rape or discrimination funny...
I'd hope in your opinion no-one finds rape or discrimination funny...

I dont find rape or discrimination funny. They are both terrible. Of course i never said or implied to the contrary
Reply 58
Original post by silverbolt
i wouldnt. I dont give a damn about thier ethnicity.

But this is how Syrians (and others) treat thier women, second class citizens abused by the men.

It is part of thier culture that is totally anathema to ours

And how will they learn that? To us this behaviour is unacceptable. If these people are coming into Germany they need to be taught before they interact with the populace

By not letting them in unregulated would probably be a good start.
Original post by Josb
Where the hell did I mention skin colour? I said you could know their status thanks to their inability to speak German.

I'm fine with banning refugees, or whatever you want to call them, from places like this if these kind of crimes have been committed by refugees.

I don't see how it is enforceable without it becoming a racial/prejudiced thing however.

Unless you police it via demanding everyone who wants to use a swimming pool show passport etc you just can;t do it. It is going to be policed on what people look/sound like. Whether they look foriegn or not. Do they look Syrian? It wont even make sense either, people who look Indian or Pakistani will be under suspicion even though they don't look Syrian.... Also what if they can speak the language?

Maybe the racism is just something that has to happens to protect women from being raped. But you can't deny racial tensions are going to come into this.

I think a better solution (which I don't really understand doesn't already happen) is for private or public swimming pools to have a coast guard, like they do in this country, to you know make sure no one drowns... or I guessed raped now... *sigh*

Original post by Josb

I can't speak German but thankfully I am white so probs would still be aloud to go swimming in Germany. Skin colour and general racial features clearly comes into this. Can't speak German is not the only box that needs ticking.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending