The Student Room Group

English Lit (Edexcel): getting into Level 5

In my 1st year mock for Linear A Level English Literature, I got a B (1 mark off an A...). In the individual components for the exam I got a low A in Doctor Faustus (21/25), and for Poetry (on 'The Leisure Centre is Also a Temple of Learning' and 'Eat Me'), I got a B (22/30).

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to secure and improve these grades, ideally on how to evaluate rather than analyse. Would evaluate be to judge the effect of certain linguistic techniques and themes (such as the appearance of Lucifer to a contemporaneous audience in Doctor Faustus, or the shocking ending of 'Eat Me' juxtaposed with the subtle, creepy ending of 'Leisure Centre...')?

Thanks for any advice
Reply 1
Original post by #clueless
In my 1st year mock for Linear A Level English Literature, I got a B (1 mark off an A...). In the individual components for the exam I got a low A in Doctor Faustus (21/25), and for Poetry (on 'The Leisure Centre is Also a Temple of Learning' and 'Eat Me'), I got a B (22/30).

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to secure and improve these grades, ideally on how to evaluate rather than analyse. Would evaluate be to judge the effect of certain linguistic techniques and themes (such as the appearance of Lucifer to a contemporaneous audience in Doctor Faustus, or the shocking ending of 'Eat Me' juxtaposed with the subtle, creepy ending of 'Leisure Centre...')?

Thanks for any advice

Hi what’s your insta ? I need help for dr Faustus!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending