The Student Room Group

JJB 'invitation'...is it worth bothering with..?

I applied online for a job at JJB, and 3-4 months later they have emailed me an "invitation to a recruitment open evening." They also said "bring a copy of your CV with you" (despite the fact I already emailed it to them as part of the original application).

Does anyone here work for a sports shop (or any place) who has been through this process before and knows what a 'recruitment open evening' entails? Such as an informal interview? Or will they just advertise the place to me, which would be an entire waste of time? Then again, why would they want me to bring a CV.. :confused:

I have a feeling it might be a bit embarrassing going there as a humble prospective sales assistant, whilst everyone else is a prospective store manager or something! (Will there be anyone else there at all?)..:eek:

And I cant afford to waste too much time with my first 2 uni exams next week! But I am very much in need of a job..

Reply 1
Ummm I used to work for JJB and all I had was a very brief interview.

Recriuitment open day? that probably means there will be loads of people and they will choose a few for a formal interview; but i wouldn't really know tbh
Reply 2
If they've sent you an invitation and are asking for a CV then it's the first stage in their recruitment process. If you want the job, you should of course go along! What exactly they do is hard to say - but it will likely include some information about the job (and after all, even if you call this "advertising the job to me", you probably want to know what you'll be doing before you do it!), and presumably some sort of group interview or selection process.

Whether or not you can find the time with revision to do is really your decision - I would probably say that if you can't find a few spare hours then you could probably do with a break anyway!

As far as the other people there are concerned, I'm sure there will be at least a fair number, and there's no reason to think "everyone else is a prospective store manager" - after all, they need far more sales staff than managers!
Reply 3
they wouldn't have managers with sales assistants, the two would be seperate in 99/100 companies. A manager would probably apply for a specific manager position and go along for a formal one-on-one interview.
i guess they would have the same structure as higher education conventions where they have stands and stuff and you just go and see which ones you are interested in
Reply 5
i guess they would have the same structure as higher education conventions where they have stands and stuff and you just go and see which ones you are interested in

Haha hmmmmm somehow I cant see there being any stands as in a University open day offering bundles of choice and information.

Latest

Trending

Trending