The Student Room Group

Is he in the right at the wedding?

So me and my bf of a year and half always meet every Saturday after he sees his children. He doesn’t usually say we meeting he just texts me he’s going to see the kids then is coming to me at a certain time.
So Saturday came and he didn’t call whole day then afternoon texted said what am I up to and he’s going to a wedding his friend invited him to as a plus one. I said okay and just had normal convo.

At 10pm he calls me. I call him 2 minutes later and he doesn’t call me back for 2 hours. when he calls our convo is 2 minutes long and he says his friend is in the other car and is calling him. As they drove separately. And then he’ll call me back I said why and then he said why don’t I listen to him he said he’ll call me back someone is calling him. I text him after 50 minutes saying he’s rude and not to bother calling me back. Then he ignores it and calls me at 4am.

This has reallly ****ed me off and put me off

1 . He didn’t even tell me we aren’t meeting
2. The calling me then taking hours to call back I get your out but don’t call me in the first place for a 2 minute half hearted conversation I don’t even know where he went after the wedding.
He called the next day and I ignored it then answered and we got into an argument about it and I hung up on him. He didn’t bother calling back which I’m ok with because I don’t want to speak to him.

What do I do. It’s obviously petty to break up but this has really angered me.
Reply 1
I think you’re right that your both just being petty, and it’s just one of those nonsense tiffs people in relationships have over minor things tbh. Saying that, there are a few things which depending on your pov could be suspicious or definitely seem odd.

It’s probably not a major deal, you both just need to calm down and just talk to each other once you have a better sense of why you’re were annoyed and probably ultimately get over it.

Given you’ve been together for a while, it’s odd he would t have told you about the wedding before and when it was, so it would’ve been obvious you probably wouldn’t have been meeting esp if you weren’t going.

Any reason you weren’t going or invited. I’m guessing it’s his friend and they asked last minute?? Or is this something that was already planned, but he didn’t tell you. If he didn’t , then actually that might be a bigger problem in that he didn’t tell you.

I think he tried to call you and just wanted to know how you were etc, like people in relationships do. His reaction about asking him why did seem rude and over the top, so maybe something happened ? You should definitely ask him why he reacted the way he did, because it does sound odd.

If he was still at the wedding or with friends, maybe he just got busy so couldn’t call you back initially or didn’t see it.

I’ve found women can sometimes send a few mixed messages whe saying things like don’t talk to me, but then you actually want them to try an contact you at least. Bit of a generalisation of women I know, but be surprised how common it is so at least he tried.

Simply, both of you need to calm down and talk about it . Share your feelings about not knowing beforehand, and about the call. Also ask him what he was up etc and his take on thing and then see what action to take next.
What is so special about this guy? Given that he has the drawbacks of children with another woman, strange calling habits, a strange going to a wedding at no notice incident, an annoying way of getting angry with you over nothing?

He should have some outstanding features to make it worth your while sticking with him.
If he's just an Average Joe in most areas, with those additional drawbacks then he's not good enough as an all-round package.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So me and my bf of a year and half always meet every Saturday after he sees his children. He doesn’t usually say we meeting he just texts me he’s going to see the kids then is coming to me at a certain time.
So Saturday came and he didn’t call whole day then afternoon texted said what am I up to and he’s going to a wedding his friend invited him to as a plus one. I said okay and just had normal convo.

At 10pm he calls me. I call him 2 minutes later and he doesn’t call me back for 2 hours. when he calls our convo is 2 minutes long and he says his friend is in the other car and is calling him. As they drove separately. And then he’ll call me back I said why and then he said why don’t I listen to him he said he’ll call me back someone is calling him. I text him after 50 minutes saying he’s rude and not to bother calling me back. Then he ignores it and calls me at 4am.

This has reallly ****ed me off and put me off

1 . He didn’t even tell me we aren’t meeting
2. The calling me then taking hours to call back I get your out but don’t call me in the first place for a 2 minute half hearted conversation I don’t even know where he went after the wedding.
He called the next day and I ignored it then answered and we got into an argument about it and I hung up on him. He didn’t bother calling back which I’m ok with because I don’t want to speak to him.

What do I do. It’s obviously petty to break up but this has really angered me.

I think you should break up
Reply 4
I actually think you’re not being fair here. He’s made an attempt to call you despite being pre occupied with friends etc. 2 mins is still better than nothing so you should be grateful. He even explained he has another call and will call you back but you threw that back in his face too. Asking him why was a bit rude and expecting him to explain when he literally had to go so had no time to explain but said he will ring you back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending