The Student Room Group

EPQ Help :(

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread, I have never posted here before.

I asked some of my teachers months ago to do an EPQ and my history teacher said he would have a meeting to see if it were possible. Pretty much half my class wanted to do EPQs, and my teacher said he would inform us on whether or not he could find someone to mark it for us.

Despite this, he never emailed us back.

He said he would update me on everything, yet he didn't, I kind of harassed him for answers but he didn't respond to any of my emails. I am gutted because I wanted to do one so much, I already did the research and wrote my question, but now it seems I have no foundations to actually do an EPQ if nobody is going to mark it.

Many of my friends and their colleges/ Sixth Forms allowed them to do EPQs and they have finished them now.

I don't know what to do, I feel as if my efforts have become redundant. I am going to university this year and I have already sent off my application, so it seems there is no point anymore. But even still, I would love it so much to do an EPQ even if it would never meet the eye of the universities. I feel very passionate about the subject I wanted to write about, and it feels like a wasted opportunity.

Any advice?
Original post by Jammspop
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong thread, I have never posted here before.

I asked some of my teachers months ago to do an EPQ and my history teacher said he would have a meeting to see if it were possible. Pretty much half my class wanted to do EPQs, and my teacher said he would inform us on whether or not he could find someone to mark it for us.

Despite this, he never emailed us back.

He said he would update me on everything, yet he didn't, I kind of harassed him for answers but he didn't respond to any of my emails. I am gutted because I wanted to do one so much, I already did the research and wrote my question, but now it seems I have no foundations to actually do an EPQ if nobody is going to mark it.

Many of my friends and their colleges/ Sixth Forms allowed them to do EPQs and they have finished them now.

I don't know what to do, I feel as if my efforts have become redundant. I am going to university this year and I have already sent off my application, so it seems there is no point anymore. But even still, I would love it so much to do an EPQ even if it would never meet the eye of the universities. I feel very passionate about the subject I wanted to write about, and it feels like a wasted opportunity.

Any advice?

Have you discussed this with the head of sixth form?

You could still do some research and write something about the subject. I know it might seem a bit pointless since you won't get a grade for it, but you say you're passionate about it and I'm sure you'll still enjoy doing the research and writing. You'll still develop all of the skills from the EPQ too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending