The Student Room Group

Durham good for medicine?

I am considering Durham for medicine, and I was wondering if it was a good uni for medicine. Would you rank it in the top 10 for medicine courses?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Boss987
I am considering Durham for medicine, and I was wondering if it was a good uni for medicine. Would you rank it in the top 10 for medicine courses?

Thanks in advance

Durham don't strictly do medicine, they do the first two pre-clinical years at the Stockton campus prior you to then moving up to Newcastle to do the clinical years up there. The degree is a Newcastle degree. Therefore there isn't any formal ranking that includes Durham (not that the formal ranking means anything for medicine anyway). In terms of which is the 'best' medical school, there isn't one! It all depends on what you want: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Which_medical_school_is_best
Original post by Boss987

Thanks in advance

All medical schools in this country are excellent and held to rigorous standards. Do you really think the government or the GMC would allow a "bad" medical school to produce doctors year after year?

The idea of a "top 10" for medical schools is flawed and anyone who takes it seriously is either a journalist or a non-medic. If you think Durham is the right medical school for you, then it is (though as pointed out above, you'll be doing the clinical years in Newcastle anyway).
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
All medical schools in this country are excellent and held to rigorous standards. Do you really think the government or the GMC would allow a "bad" medical school to produce doctors year after year?

The idea of a "top 10" for medical schools is flawed and anyone who takes it seriously is either a journalist or a non-medic. If you think Durham is the right medical school for you, then it is (though as pointed out above, you'll be doing the clinical years in Newcastle anyway).

Thanks, Are u doing medicine and if so where?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending