The Student Room Group
Read through the scenario, look at the database, put the practice values in. Get a past paper and do the first couple questions but on your database. Learn how to use excel.
Reply 2
HEY...i am doing the same course....is it that with the 'denim daze' model...if so please teach me how it works and what is the aim of the whole model?
thanks
Reply 3
sandyy
HEY...i am doing the same course....is it that with the 'denim daze' model...if so please teach me how it works and what is the aim of the whole model?
thanks

i just received the material and am wondering..did u guyz get any excel files?
i didn't even start working on it
Reply 4
Umm all i received was a couple of papers no actual excel files just sum screenshots. :s-smilie:

Im looking at hte sample material other than that i have no idea where to start...

Just gave in both my units 1 and 2 salz :biggrin:

teacher says overall he is happy with the amount of work that i did :s-smilie: donno what that means anyways

I need help with this unit aswell...
anyone got sum notes or sumin that they could share?
Reply 5
me 2 im desperate for sum information!! lol anything helpful please post.
Reply 6
well it seems like we're all in the same boat..i thought that we should receive some excel models to work on .... but all i received was a couple of papers explaining the scenario, a screenshot showing the content of a table including the fields and the records, and the last sheet is a description of the model...did any of you receive the same things?

Sepulamb: glad to hear that u finished ur unit 1 and 2.. hope u get the grades u want :wink:

Supernova2: u seem like u know whats going on! do u have any files or sumthing? or cud u at least instruct as .. cuz we're lost!!!!

however, ma teacher said that he's gonna contact the edexcel ppl and ask them more about this and if there are any files that we should get...

so hopefully, more help will come on the way!!!
salz
well it seems like we're all in the same boat..i thought that we should receive some excel models to work on .... but all i received was a couple of papers explaining the scenario, a screenshot showing the content of a table including the fields and the records, and the last sheet is a description of the model...did any of you receive the same things?

Sepulamb: glad to hear that u finished ur unit 1 and 2.. hope u get the grades u want :wink:

Supernova2: u seem like u know whats going on! do u have any files or sumthing? or cud u at least instruct as .. cuz we're lost!!!!

however, ma teacher said that he's gonna contact the edexcel ppl and ask them more about this and if there are any files that we should get...

so hopefully, more help will come on the way!!!

I did the exam last year and a retake this January. I don't have the files but they provide them in a pre-release. Just put the practice data into the database and go through a past paper but imagine the questions are for your new scenario.
Reply 8
Salz thanks,,,

I got the same exact thing...
The screenshot of the model and sum text of sum kind of data......

i think this is what we need probably..
Reply 9
supernova2
I did the exam last year and a retake this January. I don't have the files but they provide them in a pre-release. Just put the practice data into the database and go through a past paper but imagine the questions are for your new scenario.

i tried the last year's exam paper with the model, infact, we had it as a mock last saturday, and i totally skrewed up!!! .. it was massivley hard...am worried that they wont give us any models before hand so as to work on them...i mean, when u did last year's exam..did they provide u with the models before the actual exam??
Reply 10
Sepulamb
Salz thanks,,,

I got the same exact thing...
The screenshot of the model and sum text of sum kind of data......

i think this is what we need probably..

i think there are some models as at the very end of the scenario it says that the model is password protected or sumthing like that, and that the password is 'edexcel' ... did u notice?
salz
i tried the last year's exam paper with the model, infact, we had it as a mock last saturday, and i totally skrewed up!!! .. it was massivley hard...am worried that they wont give us any models before hand so as to work on them...i mean, when u did last year's exam..did they provide u with the models before the actual exam??

yeah like 2-4 weeks before i think.
Reply 12
supernova2
yeah like 2-4 weeks before i think.

well didn't get anything so far, and the exam is like cumin soon...!!!
Reply 13
hey..salz
am in the same boat....i cant understand what is going on...its obvoius that we have increase the profits in that model...but how??? i tried several things buut nothing seems to work out...do u have any idea?? please help me!!!
and what do you think we are supposed to do in he delevery by week worksheet??
any idea??
Reply 14
sandyy
hey..salz
am in the same boat....i cant understand what is going on...its obvoius that we have increase the profits in that model...but how??? i tried several things buut nothing seems to work out...do u have any idea?? please help me!!!
and what do you think we are supposed to do in he delevery by week worksheet??
any idea??

hi sandyy..i just got the model today and i havent had the time to look at it yet...it seems to be more comlicated than last year's model, but i promise that when i get the chance to look at it and analyze it, i will discuss it with u and with whoever wants to help too...!
Reply 15
Are u saying that u got the edexcel model today??? cause we still didnt get any model just papers :s-smilie:
Reply 16
???????????

Latest

Trending

Trending