The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel ICT

Hey guys! Do you have any tips on how to score an A* in ICT? I have my exam on the 14th and I'm panicking 😬
Reply 1
I study Edexcel IGCSE ICT, got an A* on my mock exam and hoping to get A* in the actual exam.
I am doing IGCSEs in May/June as well so I might be able to offer advice.

Do as many past paper questions as you can including the multiple choice questions in section A.
Make sure your answers are related to the question otherwise your answer may not be accepted.
Make notes which are condensed (maybe on one page) that you can review over to recall what you need to know.
Practice doing the practical and focus on your weak areas.
Usually, I revise my notes that I have made previously through contextual question application.
You can use your common knowledge as we all use technology know days and that's why I do well in this subject so much.

Hope this helps you begin revision for ICT.
Reply 2
Original post by HeyDana
I study Edexcel IGCSE ICT, got an A* on my mock exam and hoping to get A* in the actual exam.
I am doing IGCSEs in May/June as well so I might be able to offer advice.

Do as many past paper questions as you can including the multiple choice questions in section A.
Make sure your answers are related to the question otherwise your answer may not be accepted.
Make notes which are condensed (maybe on one page) that you can review over to recall what you need to know.
Practice doing the practical and focus on your weak areas.
Usually, I revise my notes that I have made previously through contextual question application.
You can use your common knowledge as we all use technology know days and that's why I do well in this subject so much.

Hope this helps you begin revision for ICT.

Thank you so much, I was so lost and didn't know where to start studying and as for practical, I really hope they don't give a Web authoring question- ppts are so much easier to make and less time consuming😬
Reply 3
Original post by Smehakali
Thank you so much, I was so lost and didn't know where to start studying and as for practical, I really hope they don't give a Web authoring question- ppts are so much easier to make and less time consuming😬

You're welcome and I also find web authoring very confusing but It helps to look at videos. I love ppt and imaging, easy to make and get marks in too! I just hope the access question isn't hard. I usually have to focus more on the practical than theory as it is hard for me to practice with a MacBook.
The notes don't have to be like pages long, they can just be minimized into a page for each chapter and so on.
We have 3 days from today!!
Reply 4
Original post by HeyDana
You're welcome and I also find web authoring very confusing but It helps to look at videos. I love ppt and imaging, easy to make and get marks in too! I just hope the access question isn't hard. I usually have to focus more on the practical than theory as it is hard for me to practice with a MacBook.
The notes don't have to be like pages long, they can just be minimized into a page for each chapter and so on.
We have 3 days from today!!

Hahahaha it's the opposite for me, practical is easier for me than theory, probably because I forget to stick to the point in theory 😬😂
How did it go?
Reply 6
Original post by Pikachu777
How did it go?

My exam is in 2 hours
Is yours done?
IF so, how was it?
Anything I need to specifically focus on? 😂😬😬
No it isn't I have to give it
How did your webauthoring go?
Reply 9
Original post by Smehakali