The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail one unit in my 3rd year?

Okay, I am in the final year of an undergraduate course.

One of my units is a work based learning unit, which is exactly as it sounds, it is just work experience. However, I've had a full time job and haven't been able to fit any work experience around this. It also hasn't helped that everywhere I have asked and pushed for has nothing to give me. There have been offers from places up in London, but I can't travel that far and I have my actually job that I have to keep in mind. I can't take days off and I need a steady income.

My question is if I failed this one unit in my final year, having passed everything in my 2nd and 3rd year, what would happen to my overall grade? Would I have to resit the whole year, not get a degree, ect?

I'm really confused and I don't want all my hard work from the last few years to be a waste.

Any help would be amazing, thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by PorkChopSmall
Okay, I am in the final year of an undergraduate course.

One of my units is a work based learning unit, which is exactly as it sounds, it is just work experience. However, I've had a full time job and haven't been able to fit any work experience around this. It also hasn't helped that everywhere I have asked and pushed for has nothing to give me. There have been offers from places up in London, but I can't travel that far and I have my actually job that I have to keep in mind. I can't take days off and I need a steady income.

My question is if I failed this one unit in my final year, having passed everything in my 2nd and 3rd year, what would happen to my overall grade? Would I have to resit the whole year, not get a degree, ect?

I'm really confused and I don't want all my hard work from the last few years to be a waste.

Any help would be amazing, thank you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Reply 2
You have to complete a set number of academic credits in order to be awarded a degree. If your placement carries credits, then you may not be permitted to graduate unless you do it.

It depends on how your uni handles the situation - each uni/department/course can potentially do it differently. You need to talk to your course leader, urgently. Find out how your course will deal with it and get help to resolve the situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending