The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a place in uni to start Sept 2016. It is NHS funded but what i wanted to know would i be able to still apply for student finance
Original post by Ahsokato
Hello,
Please could you explain (in layman's terms - I am not very money-literate, e.g. is the NHS bursary in addition to the government paying some of the fees, or are they the same thing??) how funding works for graduate entry medicine?
I am a UK citizen, always lived here, took out a student loan for my first degree.
Thanks

Hi there

I can only tell you what the funding arrangements are currently, please check with the university you are applying to for up to date information about funding. In year 1 you will have to pay some of the fees yourself (currently £3465) but you can apply for a tuition fee loan to help with the remainder. You can also access a student loan for living costs. From year 2 onwards funding is currently available for part of the fee from NHS and part of the fee as a tuition fee loan. You can also apply to the NHS for help with living costs.

As I say, please check for up to date information before committing to this course.
Original post by Abc2345
I have been offered a place at John Moores University to study Adult Nursing, but I am unsure about how to apply for a bursary, maintenance loan and means tested. Also I am not sure when I should apply for this; because I am still waiting for an insurance choice from my other 4 universities.

Hi there

When you have your place for 2016 you can apply for an NHS bursary from www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/students, that includes means tested support. You can also apply for a reduced rate loan from Student Finance England.
Reply 23
Original post by Leonie88
I have a place in uni to start Sept 2016. It is NHS funded but what i wanted to know would i be able to still apply for student finance

What uni are going to this September?
Original post by Leonie88

Hi there

You can apply to Student Finance England for a reduced rate maintenance loan as well as having funding from an NHS bursary.
Thanks for all your questions and to Mo for answering them.

If you have a question about student finance, there's lots more happening this week - check out our calendar.

And why not check out our student finance zone for a range of helpful guidance.

Latest

Trending

Trending