The Student Room Group

My GCSE Journey: So it begins

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
Wow - so I'm guessing there aren't much prospects there? Or is it just a bit dead?
I mean I don't know what it's like over there but I don't think it's much better here!

Spoiler

I live in the most unemployed area in the UK I think, definitely in Northern Ireland - so there arent many prospects at all.

Spoiler

Original post by johnatschool
I live in the most unemployed area in the UK I think, definitely in Northern Ireland - so there arent many prospects at all.

Spoiler

Wow that is quite dire, I'm guessing you want to get out as well?

Spoiler

Wow that is quite dire, I'm guessing you want to get out as well?

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't really see a future for myself here. It's kinda sad actually :frown:. But I've got more pressing issues to focus on, like non-stop cello practice and the like!

Spoiler

Yeah, I don't really see a future for myself here. It's kinda sad actually :frown:. But I've got more pressing issues to focus on, like non-stop cello practice and the like!

Spoiler

Hm yeah that is quite sad :frown:
Haha, I can just imagine furious cello playing 24/7 😂

Spoiler

Thursday 25th August
RESULTS DAY
After a much needed relaxing summer which was great albeit slightly marred by the grey clouded day of the 25th August looming ahead in the distance, I'm back!
As you could probably gauge, I wasn't exactly looking forward to results day, and I definitely became more and more nervous as we entered the third week of August, but its here now, and I have to say,
:woo: Woooohooooo! :woo:
I am completely relieved, thrilled and overjoyed by mu results that were posted out today! I must say though, the wait for the postman was tense this morning as all my friends (who all did really well) got their results at like 10, whereas I had to wait till quarter to 1!!
Anyway my module results versus my target grades are as follows:

Spoiler

So whilst I may not have gotten exactly the grades I wanted in some of the subjects, as these are only modules, I can pull my grades up next year! The one orange overall, English, may be salvageable as I am sitting on a low A right now, and with controlled assessments (which my teacher is predicting me a*) it should be brought up. I may repeat unit 1 English, which I got a B in. I am slightly annoyed with an A in history, but I know as I was tantalisingly close to the A* that I'll bring that up with a bit of work! As for Chemistry, I don't particularly care anymore, and I was very close to the A grade, so I'm considering myself "On Track".

So what now?
Well, obviously enjoy my last week of summer holidays and get back into the swing of things in school, so that come this time next I can say I got all my targets and I have completed my GCSE journey!
Until I start my next GYG thread (which I will definitely be doing!!) I shall bid you adieu!!
Thursday 25th August
RESULTS DAY
After a much needed relaxing summer which was great albeit slightly marred by the grey clouded day of the 25th August looming ahead in the distance, I'm back!
As you could probably gauge, I wasn't exactly looking forward to results day, and I definitely became more and more nervous as we entered the third week of August, but its here now, and I have to say,
:woo: Woooohooooo! :woo:
I am completely relieved, thrilled and overjoyed by mu results that were posted out today! I must say though, the wait for the postman was tense this morning as all my friends (who all did really well) got their results at like 10, whereas I had to wait till quarter to 1!!
Anyway my module results versus my target grades are as follows:

Spoiler

So whilst I may not have gotten exactly the grades I wanted in some of the subjects, as these are only modules, I can pull my grades up next year! The one orange overall, English, may be salvageable as I am sitting on a low A right now, and with controlled assessments (which my teacher is predicting me a*) it should be brought up. I may repeat unit 1 English, which I got a B in. I am slightly annoyed with an A in history, but I know as I was tantalisingly close to the A* that I'll bring that up with a bit of work! As for Chemistry, I don't particularly care anymore, and I was very close to the A grade, so I'm considering myself "On Track".

So what now?
Well, obviously enjoy my last week of summer holidays and get back into the swing of things in school, so that come this time next I can say I got all my targets and I have completed my GCSE journey!
Until I start my next GYG thread (which I will definitely be doing!!) I shall bid you adieu!!

Woo! Those grades are fab and I'm sure you'll exceed yourself next time around! I'll look forward to seeing the next steps of your journey :smile:
Woo! Those grades are fab and I'm sure you'll exceed yourself next time around! I'll look forward to seeing the next steps of your journey :smile:

Thanks a million! I'm strangely excited for 5th Year, its going to be terrible at times - some teachers are sure to make that happen - but I can't wait to really set off well and get ahead!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending