Reply 80
Ethernet Connection
Reply 81
I didn't know the assembely question... I did this:

RETR x, 3CB5 Load contents of 3CB5 into register x
ADD x, #32 Adds 32 to the value in register x
STOR 3CB6, x Stores the value in register x in 3CB6

The register could be the accumalator

used ADD 32 as the denera values from A-a was 32 higher (may not have actually been 32, but thats in my head, heh)

RETR and STOR are FTP commands tho, so i prolly got it wrong :P
Reply 82
KiLLeRSpaM
RETR and STOR are FTP commands tho, so i prolly got it wrong :P

I think I'm right in saying that it doesn't really matter what commands you put down, as long as they're sensible and you annotate them. Assembly code varies between different hardware anyway, so they'd have no way of knowing.
Reply 83
To put everyones minds at ease, 38/65 was an A grade for CPT4 last year, and last years paper looked significantly easier than this years. 38/65 is roughly 58%. If everyone agrees that CPT4 was a bitch, then the grade boundarys will most certainly be lowered and we can all enjoy our summer!
Reply 84
ArseFace
To put everyones minds at ease, 38/65 was an A grade for CPT4 last year, and last years paper looked significantly easier than this years. 38/65 is roughly 58%. If everyone agrees that CPT4 was a bitch, then the grade boundarys will most certainly be lowered and we can all enjoy our summer!

CPT4 was a challenge
Reply 85
ArseFace

You telling the truth???

:biggrin:

happy now
For the assembly code question I wrote something that did an "OR" on the binary value stored in one register with the binary of the higher number. Then I used "CMP" to compare whether the answer was what it should be if it was lowercase. :redface:s

What was the answer to the question below it? That asked "if the letter was already a lowercase a, what would the value in register x be after the code had executed?"
Reply 87
ArseFace

that is correct but we cant enjoy the summer cuz every1 found cpt5 easy and itll be around 50/65 for an A im thinkin
Reply 88
but CPT5 was piss easy, so it should be easy enough to get an A...

I think I'll get an A or high B in CPT5, and a C in CPT4.... but with the dodgy UMS, who knows?
Reply 89
its the coursework that screwed me over, damn teacher

she says i got 35/60, i reckon she really gave me 20/60

I DESERVED HIGHER
Reply 90
friday13th
its the coursework that screwed me over, damn teacher

she says i got 35/60, i reckon she really gave me 20/60

I DESERVED HIGHER

lol that harsh dude... i caned the coursework for CPT6, unlike CPT3 where i did piss poor. and u cant retake damn cpt3 without doin the coursework again either. annoying.
I redid the Unit 3 coursework, it was such a piece of piss after you've done the 100-odd page CPT6 coursework...did the whole thing in 2 days, and the exam was alot easier than last year too.

Both Unit 5 and 4 were pretty good i thought, a few dodgy questions on both, but easier than i expected. Hopefully i've done enough to scrape myself an A overall....
Reply 92
Babyshambles
I redid the Unit 3 coursework, it was such a piece of piss after you've done the 100-odd page CPT6 coursework...did the whole thing in 2 days, and the exam was alot easier than last year too.

Hah! I did exactly the same! My CPT6 was handed in on the friday (54/60), and I started the CPT3 work. It realy did seem easy compared to this years CW.

And as you say, I thought the exam was a lot easier.. but everyone else I spoke to was not so sure... I think maybe we were fully expecting the correct format, and knew what to revise?

The question the steps to calculate a new quote and mail this to a car owner, were great! I had just spoken with my teacher less than 30 minutes before, about that exact thing... I had actually implemented it anyway, after reading comments on this forum!
ArseFace

Shoot.... you serious???
I'm confident of at least 75%... :smile:
what are you ppl talking about the january 2004 cpt4/5 were the latest and easiest modules out of all the past papers, the A grade boundaries were 44/60 - CPT4 and 48/60- - CPT5, the modules we took weren't that much harder so i'm guessing 44/60 for both modules this time
Reply 95
Just to be different, I put ISDN :tongue:

Mainly got 1 to Many's for the Entity relationships.

I think the algorithm was to see if a certain string of numbers was present in a list array and at what position.

I said FTP for the protocol.

I put White-box testing.

The rest of it is a blur by now :wink:
Reply 96
Im blaming my teacher

I should have least got a B i think (60-70 pages), and yes in computing its all about quantity, what a damn mickey mouse subject

i have a lot of angst

She marked me low because she didnt mark to the mark scheme properly, she made up her own marks...

and since my coursework was using a PHP/mySQL website she thought i couldnt get many marks and left out most the marks

One kid did about a billion pages and he got 59/60, he did a PHP website.

Its all about how many pages

I'm going to have to get it remarked if its stupidly low

I want my teacher sacked for this treachery

Worst teacher in the world, hands down... the only time she remotely taught was when she was being observed by another teacher. and she happened to be wearing two different kinds of Shoes! shes insane.

Many have complained, rumour has it she was sacked from the other local college

Her desk is a jungle, she probably lost my page extentions for my coursework as well, even though i put it in her pigeon hole.

Let me tell you what she taught for CPT4.... NOTHING

On the first two lessons, she basically just made a slide show, of the bullet points on the syllabus........................ then for the rest of the year she did nothing but sit at the front, and say read the book for 2 hours.

This isnt teaching, no homework, no anything, she was always late, we had mega long breaks

Even though this kind of lesson sounds goo,d i wanted an A in computing, and probably wont even get a B because of her stupidity

Last year i got AAC, in January i got a D on CPT 5, and on my coursework between a U and a D

She has screwed me over proper, my grades were higher last year because we had two computing teachers, one was ok, and this stupid one

Now this long post, better actually post and the server better not be busy
perhaps your coursework was just shit?
Babyshambles
perhaps your coursework was just shit?

LOL, I like how you say something that everyone else is possibly thinking. :biggrin:

Love the avatar btw, I've stolen it :cool:
friday13th
Im blaming my teacher

I should have least got a B i think (60-70 pages), and yes in computing its all about quantity, what a damn mickey mouse subject

i have a lot of angst

She marked me low because she didnt mark to the mark scheme properly, she made up her own marks...

and since my coursework was using a PHP/mySQL website she thought i couldnt get many marks and left out most the marks

One kid did about a billion pages and he got 59/60, he did a PHP website.

Its all about how many pages

I'm going to have to get it remarked if its stupidly low

I want my teacher sacked for this treachery

Worst teacher in the world, hands down... the only time she remotely taught was when she was being observed by another teacher. and she happened to be wearing two different kinds of Shoes! shes insane.

Many have complained, rumour has it she was sacked from the other local college

Her desk is a jungle, she probably lost my page extentions for my coursework as well, even though i put it in her pigeon hole.

Let me tell you what she taught for CPT4.... NOTHING

On the first two lessons, she basically just made a slide show, of the bullet points on the syllabus........................ then for the rest of the year she did nothing but sit at the front, and say read the book for 2 hours.

This isnt teaching, no homework, no anything, she was always late, we had mega long breaks

Even though this kind of lesson sounds goo,d i wanted an A in computing, and probably wont even get a B because of her stupidity

Last year i got AAC, in January i got a D on CPT 5, and on my coursework between a U and a D

She has screwed me over proper, my grades were higher last year because we had two computing teachers, one was ok, and this stupid one

Now this long post, better actually post and the server better not be busy

I wrote about 100 pages, at least, and only just scraped a B.
Its about the work you do, not the pages you hand in.

Latest

Trending

Trending