Reply 3
generalebriety
:eek:
-ra-, surely?

Oddly enough it is more like an è. :s: Don't ask me why though.. :p:
Thanks a lot, I'd been wondering about that for ages lol

*goes back to learning presentation without ommiting nationalities*

:tsr2:
Heya guys I need help ASAP - my exam's in less than 3 hours!

Please could someone tell me how to pronounce "Nihilisme"?????
An hour and a half to go. Anyone? Anyone at all??
lol i guess it's over now.

it's just how it looks:

nee - hi - leezm
Thanks, lol :p:

Meh, I forgot to mention it anyway. Kicking myself for it too cos I had some really good stuff!
Mentioning nihilism in a french oral - you must be very philosophical!
Not hugely. I wrote my coursework on suicide amongst French teenagers and my overly enthusiastic french teacher thought it'd be a great idea to talk about them having to learn philosophy such as nihilism. She told me last week she'd love to have a kinda philosophical debate with me in my oral, so its probably a good thing I forgot to slip that one in :p:
Honey, you think you are having trouble with pronunciation. Ten minutes before my oral, and our French assistant tells me I can't pronounce "un".
That wasn't good.
Ice_Queen
Honey, you think you are having trouble with pronunciation. Ten minutes before my oral, and our French assistant tells me I can't pronounce "un".
That wasn't good.

Heh, very few French learners can pronounce "un", though. Everyone has difficulty with the an/en/in/on/un sounds.
I've been doing it seven years!
He told me to pronounce it like when someone woke me up in the morning and you go "uuuuhhhhh".

I sat there and stared at the twit. Then walked out.
Ice_Queen
That wasn't good.

Lmao. I can't pronounce it properly either. I think I just say "une" all the time :rolleyes:
Une is easier.
But with "premier temps", une sounds much more natural, to me anyway.
So most of my oral practice with Romain was him yelling at me to pronounce "un" and me screaming at him to shut the hell up and that if he can't pronounce "th", why the hell should I pronounce "un" right, and why couldn't he have told me this four weeks ago?
Ice_Queen
Une is easier.
But with "premier temps", une sounds much more natural, to me anyway.
So most of my oral practice with Romain was him yelling at me to pronounce "un" and me screaming at him to shut the hell up and that if he can't pronounce "th", why the hell should I pronounce "un" right, and why couldn't he have told me this four weeks ago?

"First weather"? :s-smilie:

To be fair, "th" is a much harder sound to say than "un".
"dans un premier temps"
To start with

Is it? I don't know. But maybe it's just me, but UNE flows so much better with premier. I actually made that mistake in the oral, and was cursing myself.

Latest

Trending

Trending