The Student Room Group

Durham vs Loughborough for Buisness management?

Obviously Durham's reputation is amazing however I have read many bad reviews from those at the Queens campus and how they feel isolated. Of course I want to go to the best uni but I also don't want to be unhappy during my degree.
i can't really speak from experience as I've not attended Durham. However, you are correct in not wanting to make yourself unhappy for the sake of going to a marginally more prestigious university. Loughborough is a good university and the course will teach you the same material. The thing you do need to consider is whether either provides any meaningful work experience? That will be worth far more to you than the name of your university in this case.
Reply 2
Yeah that is very true. Loughborough have their placement year scheme and appear to have great links with company's however saying that Durham is Durham and will also have great links!
Reply 3
It's not a fluke that Loughborough wins so many student experience awards. The business course is also much more practical than more research-focused universities like Durham.

This is my totally non-biased view as a Loughborough grad!
Original post by ciaranbaker
Yeah that is very true. Loughborough have their placement year scheme and appear to have great links with company's however saying that Durham is Durham and will also have great links!

In that case if you prefer Loughborough anyway then its a no brainer- a university name on its own doesn't cut it any more with employers, work experience and soft skills are what matters. And its becoming quite common for employers to offer placement students a job after they graduate if they impress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending