The Student Room Group

Do you have a good relationship with your parents?

I feel like I love my parents because they are my parents and provide for me however I really don't think I like them as people.
wbu?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TBH i feel like they are the most amazing people because over the years, they've provided me with advice, support and a lot of things friends and strangers can't. I do get along pretty well with them, but at times we have a slight difference of opinion which I consider pretty normal. After all, not everyone can agree with me on something can they?
refer to profile pic
Reply 3
I'm very close to my dad, hes the best dad I could ask for and would do anything for his children. I don't have a good relationship with my mum since I was 11/12, she's cold and not very affectionate so yeah.
Reply 4
Yeah I love my mum more than anything in the world :smile:
I have a good relationship with my mum, but not with my dad. It's not that I don't like him, but it's because my parents divorced after he became very mentally ill (with paranoia), so I haven't seen him since last September (I didn't see him at Christmas or anything). We text each other occasionally, but other than that I have no contact with him.
Relationship with mum is ok. Don't see my dad, haven't for 4 years because he was a good for nothing waste of space and I'm better off without him in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love my parents because they are my parents and I get along with them really well, like if they advised me not to do something, I'm more likely not to do do it. I don't feel inclined to tell them my problems/issues, not because I don't trust them but it's because they can't relate. Maybe it's just a phase.
My mum's mental and can scream a lot but I love her nevertheless.

I've never built up a strong enough relationship with my dad, so I don't really have a good or bad opinion on how I feel about him.
Reply 9
My parents are good, caring people

I love them and I couldn't live without them
No. I've come to terms with it for the most part, though.
Original post by homeland.lsw
refer to profile pic

Did you change your profile pic to say this or was it just a coincidence? :laugh: I'm starting to feel like this should be your motto tbh.
Original post by acupofgreentea
Did you change your profile pic to say this or was it just a coincidence? :laugh: I'm starting to feel like this should be your motto tbh.

refer to profile pic

Spoiler

With my mum, yes. Dad, no. Me and my mum haven't always had a good relationship though but I'm glad we do now after all those years of arguing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samzy21
Relationship with mum is ok. Don't see my dad, haven't for 4 years because he was a good for nothing waste of space and I'm better off without him in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the fact to the matter is you don't know how much he loves you or miss you.
I mean I appreciate what my parents do for me, as in put food in my stomach and generally care in case things go wrong but I don't think they take in interest in my life and don't really know me as a person. They care more about other people's opinion of us tbh. I love them but they can grind me up sometimes
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I mean I appreciate what my parents do for me, as in put food in my stomach and generally care in case things go wrong but I don't think they take in interest in my life and don't really know me as a person. They care more about other people's opinion of us tbh. I love them but they can grind me up sometimes

^ This !!!
I love my parents but they know very little about me and I prefer to keep things this way. They have supported me financially for over two decades and I'm very grateful for that but they also made my childhood miserable so I'm full of issues now.
I have indifferent feelings about my parents I hated my mum when I was 16 -18 years old we have a better relationship now the same with my dad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending