@Imperion look at what I just found :toofunny:

:rofl: OMG! When did I make that? :rofl: It's nearly a year :biggrin: nostalgic
Reply 62
Original post by Imperion
:rofl: OMG! When did I make that? :rofl: It's nearly a year :biggrin: nostalgic

Oh my! Has it been that long! :eek:
And nothing new has changed :getmecoat:
Reply 63
Well I tried to do a physics paper today (Saturday) and I couldn't even finish it! :frown:.
My mind went blank. I almost forgot what I was doing sitting there. :redface:
So I decided that I'm going to give myself a bit of a break and not do any work tomorrow (Sunday) and see how I feel about work after that.

x
Are you doing A2? I noticed you're doing politics as well and not sure if it's a retake or not? :colondollar:
I'm retaking Unit 1 of politics to increase my chances of getting A*/A this year. :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Are you doing A2? I noticed you're doing politics as well and not sure if it's a retake or not? :colondollar:
I'm retaking Unit 1 of politics to increase my chances of getting A*/A this year. :smile:

No, I'm doing AS. Sorry if that's not clear :redface:.
Ohh I see, good luck! :woo:.
Though can I ask, looking back on last year, what would you have done differently in politics?
Original post by aamirac
No, I'm doing AS. Sorry if that's not clear :redface:.
Ohh I see, good luck! :woo:.
Though can I ask, looking back on last year, what would you have done differently in politics?

Omg I thought because of the A*. Sorry. :colondollar:

Well, I got a C in unit 1 and an A in unit 2. I loved unit 2 and found it so much easier and fun though. Which one do you prefer? :smile:

If I had to pinpoint the cause of why I didn't get an A in unit 1 it would be my horrendous timing issues. This was my first AS exam, if I remember correctly, so I recall being nervous about timing - and prophetically so! Because, ironically, worrying about timing caused me to have timing issues. :rolleyes: I knew the content quite well so my thoughts just all jumbled up because of nerves basically. :colondollar:
So I would have tried to solve my timing issues earlier, basically. :colondollar:
Reply 68
Omg I thought because of the A*. Sorry. :colondollar:

Well, I got a C in unit 1 and an A in unit 2. I loved unit 2 and found it so much easier and fun though. Which one do you prefer? :smile:

If I had to pinpoint the cause of why I didn't get an A in unit 1 it would be my horrendous timing issues. This was my first AS exam, if I remember correctly, so I recall being nervous about timing - and prophetically so! Because, ironically, worrying about timing caused me to have timing issues. :rolleyes: I knew the content quite well so my thoughts just all jumbled up because of nerves basically. :colondollar:

Oh no, that's the new Physics spec there. :redface:

I think I prefer U1 but I do really like U2 UK Constitution :yep:.

Ohh that I can understand. That's like me now!
But I've started timing myself in essays and getting them marked so I can get used to the exam conditions. :colondollar:
Good Luck with your exams this year! :biggrin:
Original post by aamirac
Oh no, that's the new Physics spec there. :redface:

I think I prefer U1 but I do really like U2 UK Constitution :yep:.

Ohh that I can understand. That's like me now!
But I've started timing myself in essays and getting them marked so I can get used to the exam conditions. :colondollar:
Good Luck with your exams this year! :biggrin:

The Judiciary and Prime Minister (think that was the topic) were my faves. :daydreaming:
Are you doing all of the topics for unit 1? I think I'm going to have to stick with only two this year because of the weight of my A2 exams. :crazy:

That's a good idea and will undoubtedly set you up for getting a good grade. :h:

Thank you and good luck with yours too! :five:
Reply 70
The Judiciary and Prime Minister (think that was the topic) were my faves. :daydreaming:
Are you doing all of the topics for unit 1? I think I'm going to have to stick with only two this year because of the weight of my A2 exams. :crazy:

That's a good idea and will undoubtedly set you up for getting a good grade. :h:

Thank you and good luck with yours too! :five:

Oh we don't learnt the Judiciary, that's the one we leave out. :redface:
No, we are leaving out Elections. Just doing three chapters of each unit.
Just do whatever you feel is best for you to succeed in. :yep:

I hope so. :redface: I just want exams to be over and done with already :rofl:

:five:
Reply 71
I've been procrastinating from the procrastination, I don't know how I get things done. :rofl:

Anyways, did a lot this week. I'm almost excited that exams are soon approaching! I feel like I've revised a fair amount and I can't wait to show off what I know to the examiner. (especially geography. It's going to be just as bad as last year, I know what AQA are like. :grumble: )

There's two sections to this post...

my exam timetable

the main part :o

Hope whoever reads this has a wonderful and productive day! :colondollar:
Original post by aamirac
I've been procrastinating from the procrastination, I don't know how I get things done. :rofl:

Anyways, did a lot this week. I'm almost excited that exams are soon approaching! I feel like I've revised a fair amount and I can't wait to show off what I know to the examiner. (especially geography. It's going to be just as bad as last year, I know what AQA are like. :grumble: )

my exam timetable

Nice timetable :tongue: Physics is always scary but you have 21 days of pure Physics to revise so don't worry just yet! :biggrin:

I like the idea of looking at rivers on TV and explaining how they are formed :tongue: great excuse for watching TV! :woo:

SHM in Year 12. You poor thing :console:

Hope you have a productive day too :rave:
I'm currently doing SMH in yr13 lol it's annoying I still don't get some bits

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by SeanFM
Nice timetable :tongue: Physics is always scary but you have 21 days of pure Physics to revise so don't worry just yet! :biggrin:

I like the idea of looking at rivers on TV and explaining how they are formed :tongue: great excuse for watching TV! :woo:

SHM in Year 12. You poor thing :console:

Hope you have a productive day too :rave:

IKR! I quite like my timetable. :redface:

That's true. But after my AS exams, we are still going to have lessons teaching us A2 content.
So I don't even know what I'm going to do then :rofl:. Might need to reform my revision timetable after exams.

:lol: I'm looking at the spec and I'm just like '' what is this! :eek3:''. I'm kinda hoping I misheard my teacher when he said we'd be doing it. :redface:

:hat2:

Original post by KINGYusuf
I'm currently doing SMH in yr13 lol it's annoying I still don't get some bits

Posted from TSR Mobile

This makes me nervous learning about it in YR12. :afraid:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
IKR! I quite like my timetable. :redface:

That's true. But after my AS exams, we are still going to have lessons teaching us A2 content.
So I don't even know what I'm going to do then :rofl:. Might need to reform my revision timetable after exams.

:lol: I'm looking at the spec and I'm just like '' what is this! :eek3:''. I'm kinda hoping I misheard my teacher when he said we'd be doing it. :redface:

:hat2:

This makes me nervous learning about it in YR12. :afraid:

:lol: you work too hard, I had 6 weeks of A2 after AS as well, we were all dazed and confused by the end of it :rofl: you don't really need to revise anything.

:boing: it'll be okay :tongue:
Reply 76
This week has been rather strange.

Alimah

Geography

Politics

Physics

Sorry, If I got a bit rambley in the end... it just kinda typed out... :innocent:

Good Luck :tongue:
Reply 77
Original post by aamirac
This week has been rather strange.

Alimah

Geography

Politics

Physics

Sorry, If I got a bit rambley in the end... it just kinda typed out... :innocent:

Good Luck :tongue:

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about the Alimah course. That really sucks especially as its become a major part of your life and part of your routine. Is there a way for you to do it another way? You can still meet with the sisters you are close to and learn together even if it's not actually the Alimah. Sorry it's not much help.

From your posts, I can tell you enjoy physics the most. How prepared are you for your exams? My physics is on Friday and I'm dreading it lol. Just been doing non stop revision :redface: but I never got along with physics. I've always enjoyed Chem the most.

But you're doing great! Wish you all the best with the exams and my Duas are with you :h:
Original post by aamirac

my exam timetable

:O :O :O

You have just 5 exams? I have 10... :cry:

As for Physics, ironically, diffraction grating and the Young Slit experiment is what I don't know.
Reply 79
Original post by flyingpanda
:O :O :O

You have just 5 exams? I have 10... :cry:

As for Physics, ironically, diffraction grating and the Young Slit experiment is what I don't know.

Yeah I only have 5 :redface:. I do feel more pressure to do well in them though.
wow 10! Good luck and all the best for your exams :colondollar:.

I only know them because I remember as we did them in class and I still remember the pattern the laser made on the wall :rofl:
It's quite nice to learn actually! :biggrin:

Original post by ZuluK
Hey I'm really sorry to hear about the Alimah course. That really sucks especially as its become a major part of your life and part of your routine. Is there a way for you to do it another way? You can still meet with the sisters you are close to and learn together even if it's not actually the Alimah. Sorry it's not much help.

From your posts, I can tell you enjoy physics the most. How prepared are you for your exams? My physics is on Friday and I'm dreading it lol. Just been doing non stop revision :redface: but I never got along with physics. I've always enjoyed Chem the most.

But you're doing great! Wish you all the best with the exams and my Duas are with you :h:

I really don't know what's going to happen next. :redface:.
I could do that, but there's only a certain point where we can go till we need help from an ulamaah. Especially with Quranic translations.
It's okay :colondollar:

Yeah I do love Physics :innocent:. It can really change your mindset on how you view your surroundings. :moon:
That's one thing I noticed. It's really about being in the mindset and understanding the concepts and theory that aids you to think in the way examiners expect you to and be able to apply your knowledge to questions.

Good luck for your exam! Inshallaah you'll be fine. :console:

Thank you sis and likewise. :innocent:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending