The Student Room Group

The struggle to uni

Hey everyone
Not really sure if this is what I am supposed to do here but: I am 17 and in year 13 doing my A2 exams. I didn't do as well as I wanted at AS because I suck at revising regularly and at revising exam technique. So I am studying English Literature, Psychology and History, and really want to study history at Uni but need BBB which looks difficult right now. So this is *hopefully* how I will stay focused!
Reply 1
I have just finished about an hour 1/2 of psychology, just looking at PSY3 past papers and making plans for possible questions. Is there any other good strategies? I hope so. Also tested myself on a resource I made a few weeks ago on Frankenstein quotes hope I'll remember them.
Good luck!

Which methods are you using to revise for History? And what exam board are you studying for History?
Reply 3
Hey, Thanks you too!
The edexcel history course, I don't really know yet I was thinking looking at past paper questions and making plans for them-how about you?
Reply 4
I have so much coursework to do! English, History...That's what I will be doing this half term, as well as my EPQ work. Maybe I can fit in some other work-I don't know we'll see.
Original post by Jasismoran
Hey, Thanks you too!
The edexcel history course, I don't really know yet I was thinking looking at past paper questions and making plans for them-how about you?

Whoops, make sure you quote me when you reply otherwise I don't receive a notification. :h:

Ah cool, I'm doing AQA History. Studying Life in Nazi Germany and Tsarist Russia as my AS. I'm currently covering the content from books I have. As I go along I complete past paper questions. I hope to cover all content by the end of this month so that in March I could just focus on exam practice till May! :u:
Reply 6
Hey everyone
Not really sure if this is what I am supposed to do here but: I am 17 and in year 13 doing my A2 exams. I didn't do as well as I wanted at AS because I suck at revising regularly and at revising exam technique. So I am studying English Literature, Psychology and History, and really want to study history at Uni but need BBB which looks difficult right now. So this is *hopefully* how I will stay focused!

You study the same subjects as me :smile:
Which exam board are you with for English & Psychology? I'm with AQA for both. I also need 300 ucas points which is the BBB equivalent! Good Luck!
Reply 7
Original post by undercxver
Whoops, make sure you quote me when you reply otherwise I don't receive a notification. :h:

Ah cool, I'm doing AQA History. Studying Life in Nazi Germany and Tsarist Russia as my AS. I'm currently covering the content from books I have. As I go along I complete past paper questions. I hope to cover all content by the end of this month so that in March I could just focus on exam practice till May! :u:

Oh! Thanks I'm new to this hahaha, Yeah I'm also studying Tsarist Russia and the revolution for my coursework which is due in on Monday :frown: Yeah past papers is something I need to work on, thanks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by laurenb7
You study the same subjects as me :smile:
Which exam board are you with for English & Psychology? I'm with AQA for both. I also need 300 ucas points which is the BBB equivalent! Good Luck!

Yeah me too, AQA I think :smile: - so what uni have you applied for?
Good luck to you too! :biggrin:
Oh! Thanks I'm new to this hahaha, Yeah I'm also studying Tsarist Russia and the revolution for my coursework which is due in on Monday :frown: Yeah past papers is something I need to work on, thanks :smile:

If you need any help on here feel free to PM me.

Ah that's cool. I had my coursework on Civil Rights in USA. What's the question for your coursework for Tsarist Russia? Is this the final deadline? How you feeling about it? If you need help with anything got to do with the content of your coursework, again, feel free to PM. :h:
Reply 10
If you need any help on here feel free to PM me.

Ah that's cool. I had my coursework on Civil Rights in USA. What's the question for your coursework for Tsarist Russia? Is this the final deadline? How you feeling about it? If you need help with anything got to do with the content of your coursework, again, feel free to PM. :h:

Its about the short term impacts of the Provisional Government, no its just the first draft due on Monday. I think I have finished it though :smile:
Thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 11
Been really busy this week, but am writing EPQ presentation ready for next Tuesday.
Reply 12
Finished my EPQ for hand-in today. During the week I have done a practise history essay and have revised quotes for English; 'The Bloody Chamber' and 'Frankenstein'. I have also done some past paper questions for psychology, and am planning more so I can complete them. Today I am planning to make more resources on the student room for psychology from the beginning of the year and look over previous notes for history so I can start doing part A questions.
Reply 13
planning on making more psychology resources and using the ones I have already made, for about 45 minutes today.
Reply 14
1.30 making notes and a timeline for history, also re-wrote an essay. Plan to work for 2 more hours on psychology revision using tsr.
Reply 15
Been doing minimum of 2 hours per day by making Power Points then making notes from them for each topic.
Reply 16
continuing with the same revision technique as last week, just writing exam questions for English and psychology and reading over history notes.
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending