The Student Room Group

UCAS application

How do I get a reference from my teacher?
Any top tips for writing a personal statement?
Original post by gabskebabss

Hi @gabskebabss

For your teacher reference, if you're applying through your school/college your tutor might be working on it already. But, I would ask your teacher if you're in doubt.

When writing your personal statement, I found it best to list as many things I'd done before actually turning to write my statement. You can list your education, academic achievements, extra curricular activities, hobbies, basically anything you've done so far - whether it's directly linked to your course or not. Then I found it much easier to slot different things into my writing. Some things might not seem directly linked to your applied course, but there will most likely be some transferable skills you can include. And remember to keep your writing natural but formal. Your statement is your chance to tell the universities more about yourself, so make sure you're writing like your own voice.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your application!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Original post by gabskebabss

Top tips for your Personal Statement:
~ Demonstrate good skills for your chosen course (problem solving, team working, communication skills for example). Give examples of times you've used/developed those skills
~ Show off your love and passion for your subject area - WHY do you want to study it? Is there anything specific within the subject area that interests you? If you have long term career goals you can include them too.
~ Speak in your own words and language - we want to get to know you in the statement 🙂
~ Proof read!! Don't send anything away that might give admissions staff a bad impression of you. Make sure your spelling and grammar is ok throughout.

Are you still in school/college at the moment? If so your teachers may give you a buzzword to link to your application which lets them put the reference in. What subject would you like to study? 📚️

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Top tips for your Personal Statement:
~ Demonstrate good skills for your chosen course (problem solving, team working, communication skills for example). Give examples of times you've used/developed those skills
~ Show off your love and passion for your subject area - WHY do you want to study it? Is there anything specific within the subject area that interests you? If you have long term career goals you can include them too.
~ Speak in your own words and language - we want to get to know you in the statement 🙂
~ Proof read!! Don't send anything away that might give admissions staff a bad impression of you. Make sure your spelling and grammar is ok throughout.

Are you still in school/college at the moment? If so your teachers may give you a buzzword to link to your application which lets them put the reference in. What subject would you like to study? 📚️

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Hi I have a question about the application. I just applied for pharmacy course in Strathclyde today. Am I too late? would I still have a place? I'm an international.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending