The Student Room Group

student finance

I am a British citizen living in Spain as my parents work there. I was born in the UK and lived there for two years before leaving. My parents say that they took the right to roam. I have heard that I can apply as a UK student for fees and maintenance. Is this true_
So you left the UK when you were 2 and haven't lived here since? You'd be classed as an international student , to be classed as a UK student you'd need to be living in the UK for three year prior to your degree x
Reply 2
Original post by roald
I am a British citizen living in Spain as my parents work there. I was born in the UK and lived there for two years before leaving. My parents say that they took the right to roam. I have heard that I can apply as a UK student for fees and maintenance. Is this true_

No. Student Finance entitlement in the UK is based on residency in the UK. You need to have lived in the UK for three full years before your course starts, in order to get full SF. Your nationality/citizenship are irrelevant.

You will be classed as an EU student if you've lived in Spain for those three qualifying years. You'll get a Tuition Fee Loan but no Maintenance Loan.

I'm afraid your parents didn't do enough research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending