The Student Room Group

Ambition of road to Success

15/02/2016
I am currently in Year 12 studying AS Level Religious Studies RSS10 and RSS11 AQA.
(I have a got real exam on 19th May 2016, two exam one after the other)
Alongside this subject I am also studying BTEC IT (Information Technology) and BTEC Health and social care (HSC), (EDEXCEL). They are both level 3 course.

A little bit about my studies
I have two teachers for each subject that I am currently studying. This means I am taught by 6 teachers in total. The frustrating thing is that everytime I finish a unit (Assignment) the teachers from both BTEC courses give me another unit to do. It makes me very lazy and tired even more. They say that the more I do this year then the less I would have to do next year (which makes total sense really! :smile:
However it does not mean that I don't get a break. When I finally do get a break, I have mock exams to revise. I am not able to cope properly really but I don't want drop any subject. At the end I think I will get 2 A levels from each BTEC course. And hopefully the best grade from RE which will get me one more A level. In total 5 A levels which is amazing but the hard work that comes with is enormous. Most of the time I just lose the determination to do any work at all but I have to give myself a big slap (sometimes literally).

So my Plan for this week ahead
15/02/2016 to 21/02/2016
1) Do the work for Unit 6 Personal and professional development in health and social care (HSC).
2) Finish unit 8 E-commerce, Deadline: 26/02/2016 (IT).
3) Revise for Religious Studies, The Way of Submission, RSS10.
4) Revise for Religious Studies, The Life of the Prophet, RSS11.
5) Time management- Do the housework, coursework, revision and particularly TAKE BREAK (Mediation) All one/on time please.
Sounds great :woo: what are your grades like currently? Great job starting your revision this soon :biggrin:
Good luck! I'm doing one of the RS units you're doing, and yeah, the one exam after the other on the same day really sucks :grumble:
Reply 3
Original post by Gingerbread101
Sounds great :woo: what are your grades like currently? Great job starting your revision this soon :biggrin:

Grades!!!
Well I am not proud of the grades that I have achieved lately in class assesments and mock exams. Although I will be honest with you because there is no point in lying to you.
RSS10- assesment
1st week of the year- U grade
2nd E grade
then D grade
On 30 marks essay questions I always get 19/30 and borderline C because 20 marks would have been a C grade.
I am aiming to get B and above.
Sadly, RSS10 Mock Exam- U grade, I did it in the main hall (Literally PANICKED)
After the next three days I retook the 2015 paper in lesson with my teacher observing without notes.
I got a D grade however this time I was not on the borderline rather on the middle/inbetween, I got 54 raw marks out 90 marks. Did I do better than last time? Yes I did, but I am not satisfied at all.

RSS11- assessment
1st week- E grade
2nd D grade
then C grade on the 30 and the 15 marks essay questions.

Mock Exam? I have not done the actual real mock exam in the main hall however I have done a short mock exam on topic Makkah in class without notes.
On friday my teacher showed my class our grade for the first two question that we did because it total we did three. The third questions was a suprise question as we were told that we would only do 2 questions.
Well teacher suprises a lot - which I have learnt from my secondary school
I got a C grade for one of them, mark- 10/15 which is good I guess but I wanted a B grade as a minimum.
The other two grades will be told after the half-term.
Thanks,
Sanuma
Reply 4
Original post by Black Rose
Good luck! I'm doing one of the RS units you're doing, and yeah, the one exam after the other on the same day really sucks :grumble:

Hi so which unit are you doing.
If you got any revision notes or class notes could you share with me please on here?
Anything would be ok like class notes, presentation etc
Thanks,
Sanuma
Reply 5
What were the questions on the exam?

Thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by sss786
What were the questions on the exam?

Thanks.

Examine how the Quran is used in worship and in everyday life?
Examine what shirk means?
Examine the concept of shirk?
Reply 7
Original post by Sanuma
Examine how the Quran is used in worship and in everyday life?
Examine what shirk means?
Examine the concept of shirk?

Thanks much appreciated.

Do you by any chance know what the question was for the Five Pillars section.

Thanks.
Reply 8
Original post by sss786
Thanks much appreciated.

Do you by any chance know what the question was for the Five Pillars section.

Thanks.

Hi I am sorry to say I cannot remember for the five pillars section. R u still doing RE for A2 as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending