The Student Room Group

A Female's road to Bath University's Computer Science Degree (Hopefully)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ara8311a
Looking at everything you've done is making me realise how little I'm doing. :smile:How do you find the time to revise on a normal school day??
I hope you achieve your weekend goals. :tongue:

I am sure you are doing more than you think. I just try and get as much done in my free periods as possible and an hour here and there after school.
Hope so too !
Good luck with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Just spent an hour and a half on chapter 6 of C4 (Integration) having spent the morning tiding my room and organising all my revision notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by CSLady
Had a double free his morning as teacher was not there so made an exam question on carbonyls for chemistry and some revision cards on carboxylic reactions.
Spent an hour on writing up my coursework results and making graphs for them.
Will not do any work tomorrow as I have my end of term concert with my youth orchestra and then do some work at the weekend.
This weekends goals:
Type up remaining physics results
Go through second order differential equations for FP2
Go through the integration chapter of C4
M2 paper ?
Start the legacy chemistry questions in the textbook on carbonyls

Have to make an amendment: I expected to have some more physics results on Friday but the method wasn't working so I can't type up any physics results as I don't have any new ones.
Going to try and sort out a budget for the new reward system at school which the team six (head boy and girl plus deputies etc) are trying to implement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Done 50 minutes on carbonyls and now going to go do something else for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by CSLady
Done 50 minutes on carbonyls and now going to go do something else for a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Done 2 hours going over chapter 5 in FP2 second order differential equations.
I did all the questions in 5D repeating the ones I did before to see if I got it the second time round. I also did most of exercise 5E missing the ones that I understood first time round and completing the one we didn't do in class and repeating the ones I messed up.
Feeling pretty confident compared to how I felt a week ago in second differential equations. I am going to have lunch and then try and do an M2 paper if I don't get dragged off by my mum to the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by CSLady
Done 2 hours going over chapter 5 in FP2 second order differential equations.
I did all the questions in 5D repeating the ones I did before to see if I got it the second time round. I also did most of exercise 5E missing the ones that I understood first time round and completing the one we didn't do in class and repeating the ones I messed up.
Feeling pretty confident compared to how I felt a week ago in second differential equations. I am going to have lunch and then try and do an M2 paper if I don't get dragged off by my mum to the library.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spent 30 minutes doing past exam questions on chapter 3 of M2 (Work and energy) instead of a full paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Spent 2 hours this morning doing C4 chapter 6 questions from the textbook which we haven't had time to do in class. I used the solution bank on physics and maths tutor to make model answers for the ones I got wrong.
I have also spent an hour going through chapter 12 of physics (gravity and centripetal force) as it's the area I didn't do as well in my mock. I am using the textbook for the new course which I have borrowed from my library (had to request they purchased it as they didn't have it) I order to go through it as I find the old textbooks dull and difficult to look through. The new course seems to be very similar if not exactly the same but I am checking with the specification to see if I need to learn specific bots or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Just spent 30 minutes going through some questions on using substitution to transform a second order differential equation from FP2. Finished for the night. I will do four hours of coursework during my frees tomorrow and a 45 minute maths revision session during lunch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Change of plan today.
Spent two hours on my coursework and an hour and a half on C4 work. Then went to a C4 revision session at lunch for 45 minutes and an hour chemistry revision session.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Spent an hour last night on C4 vectors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Spent two hours on C4 Vectors. I have done a set of questions and used my textbook and various YouTube tutorials (Exam solutions mostly) to answer the questions. I have messaged a few friends for some help and hopefully they will get back to me.
I did no work yesterday as I had two birthday parties and a haircut leaving no time for school work.
I plan to go over chapter 16 of Physics for my end of chapter test tomorrow in lesson using the new textbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Last night spent an hour and a half on physics and then another hour on C4
Reply 92
Did no work on Monday or Tuesday evening as I seem to be coming down with something and lack the energy to do anything except sleep.
No lessons today except an hour long assembly so got a lot done.
Spent an hour and 20 minutes on my physics coursework write up (behind everyone else as only finished my experiments yesterday due to experiments not working).
Spent an hour going through transition metals for tomorrows cw, made revision cards with the colour changes from my notes and key definitions
Spent three hours working through an M2 paper with the textbook and my notes. It seems to have all slipped from my memory.
Reply 93
Spent an hour on my physics coursework
An hour on C4 questions and an hour on Chemistry reaction routes.
Tomorrow I hope to do some more FP1 work, FP2 work and physics coursework .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Spent an hour doing C4 questions on chapter 6 from the textbook instead of the physics coursework.
Spent an hour going through Taylor's series (or expansion) by answering questions in the textbook and watching YouTube walk throughs.
Spent an hour doing past paper questions on parabolic curves from the physics and maths tutor website.
Finished the book I've started yesterday morning and hence haven't done as much school work these two last days as I would like. However it has given me a break and I hope to get more done tomorrow by waking up earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Spent two hours going through my practical coursework write up for physics.
Then spent an hour doing a chemistry past paper, marking it and making a cover sheet for it on what I'd got wrong and also one for another past paper I hadn't done the cover sheet for.
I did 40 minutes going through questions in the textbook for FP2 and 20 minutes on questions for C4.
Overall quite a productive day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Spent most of the morning filling out my student finance details and downloading my free weekly tracks from freegle.
(Will include details below)

I then spent an hour doing textbook questions for M2 and then an hour doing the same for C4.
I also spent an hour on my physics coursework messing about with excel and trying to explain my dodgy results.

Tomorrow's goals:
Spend some time on C4 chapter 2
Physics CW
Stats 2 work

Ok back to freegle
If you have a library card check on your library's website or in the library of they are signed up or on the freegle website
www.freeglemusic.com
You can login using your online library details and you can download 5 free tracks per week and unlimited streaming of their huge collection of music (streaming limits and download limits may vary). The tracks download is MP3 which can just be uploaded to iTunes or Google play and put on your gadgets. Hope this helps someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Today has been a largely effective although I have lots of tidying to do tomorrow.
Spent the morning going to the library and sorting out my past papers. Previously I have always had the papers in a single ring binder however with the number of different papers and legacy papers it no longer fits in one folder. Life struggles.
I decided to try a new tactic together.
Instead of doing 1 hour slots I did 30 minute slots then at the end of each slot I decided if I wanted a break to move on or carry on.
It helped to make the revision not seem a drag. For example I did 30 minutes of S2 and after about 20 minutes I felt completely bored because I am going right back to basics. It was quite motivating to know that I had 10 minutes before I could move on rather than another 40 minutes.
I started doing C4 chapter 6 doing 30 minutes before lunch and then 30 minutes after. I then felt like I could continue and did another slot and ended up doing 2 hours of C4 total (1 hr 30 minutes consecutively with out a break).
I also did 1 hour and 30 minutes of physics coursework in the same way.

Tomorrow I am going to try the same method of splitting my time into 30 minute slots rather than 1 hour.

I also organised my desk and so my desk is now much neater which means I can fit my textbook and all the other bits I need at once. I've stolen an old cylinder biscuit tin from downstairs (from a gift set) and I have placed all my bright sharpies in it. I think it's a nice addition to my desk and it hasn't cost me a penny. (I use a mug I got as a gift for my neon sharpies and a really nice old jam pot for my makeup brushes).

So total I did 4 hours of studying and probably 2 hours of organising.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Spent the morning tidying my desk and shopping for Easter eggs in the sales. Great snacks to get through exams.
I spent 2 hours tidying my room and putting things in folders and draws (how can I have so many notes!).
Had a really bad headache so only managed o get one hour of C4 done today.
Using my textbook (Edexcel C4 Pearson) my previous notes and the solution bank (helpfully on physics and maths tutor . com) I worked through Excercise 6G of C4.
I only have Exercise 6H to finish before I have completed all the questions up to the point we have studied in class. I then plan to go back to chapter 2 which I am struggling to get my head round and then redo the chapter assessment for that section.
Tomorrow I have a friend coming over to study maths (so we probably won't get hat much done...) so I can really get into the FP2 stuff that's been bugging me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
So my friend came over who is a maths guru (I'm not even joking shes amazing!). So spent the day doing maths yesterday.
I spent 2 and a half hour on M2 exam papers, half an hour on M2 textbook questions and about an hour on S2 going through cumulative distribution.
Today's plans:
Go back and do some more work on FP1
Revise the second chapter of C2
Physics cw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending