The Student Room Group

Will blonde hair dye turn dyed black hair orange?

Wanting peach hair....
You would need to excessively bleach and then tone your hair.
I would really be careful when dying hair blonde. I bleached my brown hair and then added blonde hair dye and I ended up looking a bit ginger and a bit of a weird yellow colour so I dyed it back to brown in the end. Maybe ask a hairdresser for their advice?
Get some colourb4 to see if you can strip some of it out as bleaching might not end well as it is.
I need it to turn really brassy and orange first....
Blonde hair dye will have no effect. Especially since you're talking about DYED black hair.

You could try bleaching, but it's unlikely that the colour will be stripped much before your hair completely fries. There's nothing much you can do with DYED black hair, unfortunately .

I've bleached, dyed and ruined my hair many times.
Reply 6
It will have no effect. If you want peachy coloured hair while you currently have black hair then you'll have to use a colour stripper like Colour B4 before bleaching it and then putting a peachy coloured dyed over it. It may take your hair to be bleached a few times to get it light enough to put a peachy colour over it and I don't recommend doing all this to your hair in the space of one day or even a few days tbh. In a perfect world, this should all be done in the space of a few weeks or a month so your hair has a chance to rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest