The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
princemac
I did mine to day, i think i did good, what did your graph for the 1/Isquare vs 1/csquare graph look like.

Are we allowed to discuss now?
Reply 2
Morning exams may not be discussed until 12.00am (GMT) and afternoon exams until 4.30am (GMT)

From the Announcement
Reply 3
So depends if it was a morning or an afternoon exam!
Reply 4
12 hours have passed...discuss :p:
Reply 5
i heard from group 1 ppl in my skool, dat da paper was very time consuming and most people finished the paper at the very last minute. they specially mentioned the graph in the post.
Any one know whats coming up for group 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 7
princemac
I did mine to day, i think i did good, what did your graph for the 1/Isquare vs 1/csquare graph look like.

i got a straight line graph.

what did people get for the value for V, in part B. i got something along the lines of 13v

also for the question about the pendulem what was the units for the constant A?
SuBB
i got a straight line graph.

what did people get for the value for V, in part B. i got something along the lines of 13v

also for the question about the pendulem what was the units for the constant A?

I got my V to be around either 12.6 or 12.9 V i dont quite rmmber...as for A i got to be 0.39 i think something like that...units i also cant rmmber, but im kinda sure it was sm^-(1/2)
Reply 9
the constant 'A' in part A, where it gives you the formula relating the 2 time periods.

i think it was T= A*(sqrt L) + To/2

i think i got someting like 0.97
i thought it was OK. Not incredibly pleased with it...

couple of things i wasnt so sure on:

1A.

They asked you to quote wat degree of precision was acceptable, i wasnt sure? anyone?

In 1B. they asked you to sketch the graph of Resistance against voltage. Mine graph was apporoximately R=V+1 or something, lol im sure i got that wrong because i didnt take into account the Power, that i was a 24W light bulb. i really ****ed it up lol.

Anyway finally in 1C, the final part was how would you measure the resistance of the filament at room temperature. I said to find measure the resistance at really high temperatures and draw a graph of R against T, and extrapolate to find R at about 20degreesC.

Yea i got my V to be around 12.4volts.

**** i think i forgot to put the units in for A. wat a ****ing waste

Apart from that i think it was ok, for the circuit i drew a battery of cells with the line meaning its variable. Also a filament bulb with an ammeter in series and a voltmeter in parallel.. did i miss anything?
Reply 11
I think i got 10 volts is it right
Reply 12
I think i screwed up the worst.... my readings for 1B were all wrong, my graph was an N shape ffs!! Can someone explain how you got a straight line graph on that one? I knew mine was wrong at the time as well :|.
did u guyz know how 2 draw the V-R graph???
isnt tht like in unit 2..AS...????how come they got it 4 A2...???:mad:
Reply 14
i stupidly in the capacitor questin ...eg 1/(2.2 X 10^-6)^2 which meant all my results for capacitor were to the power of 10 and 11...yet my friends for the whole graph only plotted values to the power of 4 also wat was ppls intercept in that graph

and inbetween which capacitor were more readings needed.....1uf, 2.2uf

n the oda graph wat value for B did ppl get?
Reply 15
wat was sketch of graph r/v
Reply 16
Reply 17
I got 400,000 volts I think, if we are talking about the question where you had to square root V^2 to get V.

Take it was I was wrong then!!

:frown:
Reply 18
I didn't like this paper at all. For the mass of the bob I got someting like 49 g where it was supposed to be around 30 g :frown: Also for the density of the bob...what did you guys get? 16'000kgm^-3 wasn't right for me. I also didn't like that R-V graph. I hope I did well in the rest of it..
Btw, the paper was very time consuming and the moments I literally made it up completely.
Reply 19
wat sort of grapgh did it look like

Latest