The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Arabic Listening/Reading Higher tier - 18th May 2023

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 18th May 2023 PM
Reading Length: 1 Hr 05 min
Listening length: 45 min

@Evil Homer
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guys how do you revise listening? :frown:
Original post by TeeM:)
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 18th May 2023 PM
Reading Length: 1 Hr 05 min
Listening length: 45 min

@Evil Homer

Amazing, thank you so much for setting this up!

Best of luck with your exam, I'm sure you are going to ace it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TeeM:)
Guys how do you revise listening? :frown:

hey how did it go?
i found the reading one hard!! :frown:
it was quite an intense vocab!
Reply 4
Original post by gcse2023!
hey how did it go?
i found the reading one hard!! :frown:
it was quite an intense vocab!

Hey! I also found the reading super tough :frown: The listening was okay though.
Reply 5
Original post by Maybar
Hey! I also found the reading super tough :frown: The listening was okay though.

Me too , it was brutal
does anyone know where the previous year grade boundaries are for the second language paper ?
Reply 6
Original post by aleeba23
Me too , it was brutal
does anyone know where the previous year grade boundaries are for the second language paper ?

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/2206-gcse-9-1-subject-grade-boundaries.pdf

i would not consider these boundaries as predictions for this year though. they were generous with the last 2 years because of covid :frown:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 7
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/2206-gcse-9-1-subject-grade-boundaries.pdf

i would not consider these boundaries as predictions for this year though. they were generous with the last 2 years because of covid :frown:

Noooo omg.:frown:

But the thing is I’m doing second language gcse higher
not first or foundation so I’m really confused on the grade boundaries :frown::frown:
Reply 8
Noooo omg.:frown:

But the thing is I’m doing second language gcse higher
not first or foundation so I’m really confused on the grade boundaries :frown::frown:

same here!
second language higher tier
last two years the papers were realtively diff with regards to syllabus and method of assessment. and this year my teacher said they had introduced new topics as well as made it a bit more challenging to bring the level of assessment back to pre covid. now fingers crossed for the last writing exam!
just learn as much vocab as you can as well as the connectors. hopefully it wont be that tough:frown:
all the best!
Reply 9
same here!
second language higher tier
last two years the papers were realtively diff with regards to syllabus and method of assessment. and this year my teacher said they had introduced new topics as well as made it a bit more challenging to bring the level of assessment back to pre covid. now fingers crossed for the last writing exam!
just learn as much vocab as you can as well as the connectors. hopefully it wont be that tough:frown:
all the best!

Thanks ! You too!
I just hope to get a minimum 7 :frown:
I’m really hoping for the last exam they don’t throw in anything related to technology or anything about the environment :frown:
Reply 10
Thanks ! You too!
I’m really hoping for the last exam they don’t throw in anything related to technology or anything about the environment :frown:

I also don't like the environment topic!! It's the last one we did so I feel so unprepared for it!!!!

Good luck with your exams :biggrin:

<3
Reply 11
omg istg if environment comes up im out-
Reply 12
Thanks ! You too!

honestly same, but the problem is neither have come up in a while, so i have a bad feeling that they might come up
Reply 13
howd u guys find the writing paper? (edexcel higher)
Reply 14
I think it was okay! I didn't understand a few words here and there but overall the questions weren't too mean, How about you?
Reply 15
ngl have to agree w u but omg i forgot how to say 'hotel' for the translation prt so replaced it w jst 'place'
Reply 16
Original post by _nai

the paper was wayyyy better than the listening one thank god how did the rest of your year find it?
Reply 17
ngl (and yh im bout to sound crazy) but i preferred the listening ppr over the writing. its not like i did bad on the writing its jst ik i def got higher marks on the other ppr yk? (btw the majority of my yr said they found it alr)
Reply 18
Original post by _nai

it was honestly alright! i think it went better than the reading paper which was surprising but there were a couple of words i wasn't sure on - how did you find it?
Reply 19
Hello, I just wanted to ask a question as I want to pass my Arabic exam.
however I live in Leicester and I don't know where to go and. How to sing in to it please can someone answer!! It's really important

Quick Reply

Latest