The Student Room Group

engineering level 3 distance learning - tecol

Hi,
Has any one studied btec level 3 with tecol. If so how have you found there support overall. And is this worth doing if you havent got the time to attend a college on day release.

Cheers.
Reply 1
Yes I studied level 3 engineering with Tecol (Btec certificate / 3 units). I am now doing an HNC at college and have found out that Tecol gave me great foundation to engineering maths. Their support is good and quick and if you are stuck they email you links to websites or youtube to help you (usually same day / within a few hours). They also have skype facility but I didn't use it / didn't need it their study material was that good.I got a distinction overall and it gave me something to tell my college when trying to enrol on their HNC courses. Tecol also now offer HNC courses. These are slightly more expensive than normal college classes, but then you don't need to travel, pay for drinks at college, or worry about how you are going to fit classes into your schedule.
I hope you don't mind my scraping in on this! I'm looking at doing the Tecol BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Engineering (either Mechanical or Electrical). Did you have a good experience of the online course? I have A-Level maths, so do you reckon I'd be up to the course content? Is the total fee simply the £435 you pay when you enroll or are is there more to pay further down the line? How does the course timetabling and assessment work? Do you just take it at your own pace over 12 months? Any advice would be much appreciated - thank you!
hi all,

ive been doing my BTEC level 3 certificate in electrical engineering with tecol for 2 years or so now. its taken me a long time as ive been doing other courses at work, i.e. NEBOSH, level 4 diploma in waste management etc..... plus i have 3 kids lol!

tecol is great, informative, help via email and skype etc..... ive not done anything like this since school and im now 33 so found the maths hard at first, but after practice and plenty of youtube videos ive managed really well.

if you have a-level maths then you should fine this pretty easy. worth the money. plenty of time to do the assignments too.
Original post by chris2512
hi all,

ive been doing my BTEC level 3 certificate in electrical engineering with tecol for 2 years or so now. its taken me a long time as ive been doing other courses at work, i.e. NEBOSH, level 4 diploma in waste management etc..... plus i have 3 kids lol!

tecol is great, informative, help via email and skype etc..... ive not done anything like this since school and im now 33 so found the maths hard at first, but after practice and plenty of youtube videos ive managed really well.

if you have a-level maths then you should fine this pretty easy. worth the money. plenty of time to do the assignments too

May I ask what sort of assignments they are? Are they essay/projects or problem sets?
Thanks.
Reply 5
Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'm looking into tecol and was wondering how you're finding the course material. I've tried looking into other distance learning platforms and tecol seems to be the preferred one with regards to costs. It's been a while since i was at college and fully expect me have to do the bridging course to enable me to to do the HNC. Just wondering how people found this and what the work involved.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending