The Student Room Group

Tecol Engineering HND distance learning

I'm just putting this here because a few months back I feverishly checking to see what distance learning course providers were legit for a engineering HND.

If anyone is in the same boat as I was and looking at the likes of Semester Learning, unicourse, engineers academy or Tecol I took the plunge in the end and went with Tecol as they were cheapest. It's working out so far and it wasn't a scam. I contacted Pearson Edexcel in the end and gave them their centre number to see if they were legit. They confirmed on the phone they were a licensed provider and that they have to pass rigorous checks to be accredited. I'd suggest any of you do the same if you are cautious like me. But don't be afraid to dive in and get started with whoever you like the look of. Any questions just ask :smile: Good luck if you're reading this!
Hello

I am looking forward to starting HNC in mechanical engineering.

I checked company house in gov page and their details show up as letting agency that make me suspicious.

How was your experience with TECOL?
How are you getting on with the course now ?
Reply 3
Original post by Ayyyyyyyyylmao
I'm just putting this here because a few months back I feverishly checking to see what distance learning course providers were legit for a engineering HND.

If anyone is in the same boat as I was and looking at the likes of Semester Learning, unicourse, engineers academy or Tecol I took the plunge in the end and went with Tecol as they were cheapest. It's working out so far and it wasn't a scam. I contacted Pearson Edexcel in the end and gave them their centre number to see if they were legit. They confirmed on the phone they were a licensed provider and that they have to pass rigorous checks to be accredited. I'd suggest any of you do the same if you are cautious like me. But don't be afraid to dive in and get started with whoever you like the look of. Any questions just ask :smile: Good luck if you're reading this!

Hi, do you know if the qualification you get from this is a BTEC level 4? I cant see anything on their website that states its a BTEC. It only says its - Teesside University award delivered under licence from Pearson by Teesside University Open Learning (Engineering).
Reply 4
Original post by Ayyyyyyyyylmao

Hi, do you know if the qualification you get from this is a BTEC level 4? I cant see anything on their website that states its a BTEC. It only says its - Teesside University award delivered under licence from Pearson by Teesside University Open Learning (Engineering).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending