The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starsfly
I know someone who has got an offer there already :O

are you sure it was for Architecture, i know alot for other subjects but not for this
Anyone applied to Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O
Anyone applied to Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, sending my portfolio off on monday
Original post by JamesEvans
yeah, sending my portfolio off on monday

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get in and did you have to do an essay of 450 words as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eRric_O
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get in and did you have to do an essay of 450 words as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i had the essay to do too, i have heard that its around 7 applicants per place? so not super competitive but that figure is from a thread 3 years ago so I'm not sure, no where near as hard to get into compared to sheffield or UCL for example
Original post by thewinelake
And he/she applied this year, right? ;-) Was the surname Foster, or Rogers?

Nope :/ sorry
Original post by JamesEvans
are you sure it was for Architecture, i know alot for other subjects but not for this

Very very sure 😂
Well, that's what I call an early Bath
Original post by starsfly
Very very sure 😂

Just saying but it could be Architectural Engineering. I know a guy who got an offer for that.

Judging by previous years and the fact that nobody else here has an offer, it sounds unlikely that someone would have an offer for architecture.

Or it could just be me complaining about not having an offer yet...
Reply 189
Hey :smile:
I haven't ~officially~ applied but my UCAS is basically done. Anyway, my choices are Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, UWE and I'm undecided between Bath/Cardiff 🙃.

My question is, to the people who applied to any of these, how long did it take for them to request the portfolio AND how long did they give you to do this? In other words, if i apply say next Monday 7th how much time would i roughly have to finish the portfolio?

Thanks and good luck to all!
Original post by Alexcor
I haven't ~officially~ applied but my UCAS is basically done. Anyway, my choices are Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, UWE and I'm undecided between Bath/Cardiff 🙃.

My question is, to the people who applied to any of these, how long did it take for them to request the portfolio AND how long did they give you to do this? In other words, if i apply say next Monday 7th how much time would i roughly have to finish the portfolio?

I applied to Sheffield on 13th of Oct and got requested a portfolio on the 1st of Nov, they give you 4 weeks to submit the finished portfolio.

Hope this helps (:
Reply 191
Original post by Alexcor

Manchester give you a 4 weeks, but you should probably start now.
Reply 192
Original post by poopiepie
I applied to Sheffield on 13th of Oct and got requested a portfolio on the 1st of Nov, they give you 4 weeks to submit the finished portfolio.

Hope this helps (:

That's good to know thank you and good luck!
Reply 193
Original post by JordnW
Manchester give you a 4 weeks, but you should probably start now.

Ok thanks. I've started just need to lay it out, etc. Good luck
Original post by Alexcor

For Nottingham, it took a week for them to request and they gave me around 10 days but the deadline was extended so around 2 weeks
Reply 195
Original post by TSRMatt
For Nottingham, it took a week for them to request and they gave me around 10 days but the deadline was extended so around 2 weeks

Oh thanks I should probably get that done because Nottingham is my favourite :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
If any one on here has an idea on how I can prepare for an interview it will be well appreciated. Also, good ways of presenting my portfolio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering, do unis give out offers on weekends? (Just so I know if I'm pointlessly refreshing my email during weekends) 😂
Original post by poopiepie
Just wondering, do unis give out offers on weekends? (Just so I know if I'm pointlessly refreshing my email during weekends) 😂

I think at least for this weekend UCAS is down for maintenance so you won't receive any emails until Monday 😭
Original post by czhang1998
I think at least for this weekend UCAS is down for maintenance so you won't receive any emails until Monday 😭

the suspense is killing meeeee ._.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending