The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

World of what? Never heard of it.
Reply 2
You'll eventually realise that there isn't much point in playing it, as thousands of people have already accomplished everything you will and ever will achieve in the game.
Oh well, it took me up to level 56 to figure that out xD.
Can't you say the same thing about life though
Reply 4
I had 2x level 60s, a level 43, 2x level 34s and a few level 20 odds. I enjoyed the experience, had some good times. I decided to stop a bit too late though. It took over what little life I had and it made me something I didn't want to be. It gets to you somehow. Addiction isn't good.
Reply 5
It isnt a good game to play. As someone earlier said, you will realise that there is no point in playing it.
Reply 6
Ghost
You'll eventually realise that there isn't much point in playing it, as thousands of people have already accomplished everything you will and ever will achieve in the game.
Oh well, it took me up to level 56 to figure that out xD.
cheesecakebobby
Can't you say the same thing about life though

Similar things can be said about, like, every video game ever...what's the point?

Actually, the point of playing it is to enjoy yourself; and apparently people like to enjoy themselves. At least they're not huffing ether...
Reply 7
Jayk Bakner
Similar things can be said about, like, every video game ever...what's the point?

Actually, the point of playing it is to enjoy yourself; and apparently people like to enjoy themselves. At least they're not huffing ether...

Other genres of games involve a larger aspect of skill, such as sports, FPS, or RTS games, and often involve following a storyline which unfolds as you proceed.
Most MMOs consist of sitting for hours killing the same thing over and over and over and over. You'll never be as good as high a level as someone who sits and dedicated their life to the game. This isn't true for games that involve hand eye co-ordination or other skills (FPS/Sports).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't play MMOs, I'd be a hypocrite if I did. I'm just saying that you'll regret it in the end.
Reply 8
please enjoy getting to 70, then enjoy the end game. who cares if people have done it before you, its not a race. its about your journey in the game, no matter how you do it.

tell me there is no skill in being top in the PVP arenas, or a high end raiding guild.

if you suck, you dont last long.

people class games differently to TV..and for that I am sorry. One day you will wake up and stop baulking at people who prefer to game instead of watching ****ty TV. (I download the stuff I want to watch, yes I am a geek)
Reply 9
capitalP

people class games differently to TV..and for that I am sorry. One day you will wake up and stop baulking at people who prefer to game instead of watching ****ty TV. (I download the stuff I want to watch, yes I am a geek)

I'm glad you're calling yourself a geek and all that.. but.. where on EARTH does TV come in to this?
Reply 10
capitalP
tell me there is no skill in being top in the PVP arenas, or a high end raiding guild.

WoW is the easiest mainstream MMORPG on the market today. Even the endgame pales in comparison to games like EVE, FFXI, and similar. A robot could play WoW endgame; half of it's automated anyway thanks to junk like CTRA and the various class addons.

Why do people play MMOs? Because other people do as well. Nobody would bother if it wasn't for that key word "multiplayer" in there, it wouldn't be worth it. And yet, player interaction is rock-bottom in WoW, people just cling on to their guilds, never bothering with the rest of the player base, deeming them implicitly to be substandard. And even for those who don't, pick-up groups never seem to talk to each other anyway.

It's really all rather pathetic, in the long run. Sometimes I do wonder how Blizzard managed to get on top of the MMO market, but I guess it just comes back to being easy to play...
Reply 11
Ghost
Other genres of games involve a larger aspect of skill, such as sports, FPS, or RTS games, and often involve following a storyline which unfolds as you proceed.
Most MMOs consist of sitting for hours killing the same thing over and over and over and over. You'll never be as good as high a level as someone who sits and dedicated their life to the game. This isn't true for games that involve hand eye co-ordination or other skills (FPS/Sports).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't play MMOs, I'd be a hypocrite if I did. I'm just saying that you'll regret it in the end.

How is that a retort to what I said? People can enjoy anything. I'm sure killing someone with a knife doesn't take much skill - yet insane serial killers just keep doing it! What's with that?

Ultimately, most forms of entertainment are pretty pointless. Kicking a ball around a park? Pah! Watching people involve themselves in ridiculous, convoluted storylines that would never happen in real life? Pah! Twiddling joysticks to make 3D characters run around on a computer? Pah! What's the point? Does it aid in our 'survival', in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? (Thanks, Tyler) Nope. But it sure is fun!

Who gains entertainment from what is totally up to the who. Some people enjoy killing the same thing over and over. Others don't...that be life...
Dez
WoW is the easiest mainstream MMORPG on the market today.

Thats very true. Another thing I noticed is if you want to be the best on wow, you have to put in a hell of a lot of time - which I didnt have. If you havnt got a lot of time on your hands, don't expect to participate fully in end game raiding etc.
Reply 13
Just some guy
Because anybody who has picked up a copy of this game needs this thread. I'm only lvl 27 too :'(. I'll know I've finally descended into the satan pit of ultra-geekdom if I turn down a night out to stay in and play WoW :redface: (I haven't been corrupted that far :wink: )

JSG (troll! :biggrin: take that to mean whatever you want)

who, what and when?
Reply 14
I played WoW for a while, and I don't partcularly regret it, I enjoyed the game, had some fun with friends, but i'm much happier with FPS's now, as you don't get addicted and you can play it for 10 minutes or so and enjoy it instead of needing to put days of time into it before you get anything out of it.
The title of this thread speaks to me like no other :biggrin:
Reply 16
I go on WOW, I'm level 11, not at all addicted. I'm sure I'm not. It's just like any other game to me.
Reply 17
If/when you hit level 30 the REAL addiction kicks in.

You'll be selling your kidneys at Crack Converters to pay for your subscription.
Reply 19
olileauk

That video is an absolute classic.

Latest