The Student Room Group

Girls, have you met any guys that regret breaking up with their exes?

As above.

I'm curious.
Reply 1
How long since you got dumped?
No, he's not coming back. Initiate no contact and move on. Focus on yourself
Reply 3
Original post by whorace
How long since you got dumped?

Original post by slowdive
No, he's not coming back. Initiate no contact and move on. Focus on yourself

I don't have a boyfriend and have never had one.

I'm genuinely curious.
Original post by Anonymous
As above.

I'm curious.

A friend of mine did, yh. He broke up with her in a horrible way and he rang me almost everyday crying because of how much he missed her.
I had a ONS back in December with a guy I had often seen at parties. Afterwards, we got talking about exes. He was telling me how when he was in Year 13, he had found this amazing girl and they started dating. They were together for about 8 months or something before he dumped her. He dumped her because he secretly had been egged on by his mates to become single for Freshers week and at the time, he was weak enough to give in. He dumped her, slept around during Freshers week and she was a pretty good ex. She didn't talk to him or anything and got on with her A levels. A few months later, he started backchatting about her openly. A lot of their mutual friends told him to shut up and to leave her alone. He did and spent the rest of his uni years sleeping around and getting piss drunk because he missed her.

The ex got into the same uni as him and has a boyfriend. He has to put up with them walking around every other week.

I didn't say anything at the time because you could genuinely see how hurt he was of getting rid of someone who cared for him for just a few ONSs. But all I can say is that I hope Freshers was worth it.

But yeah, it's rare for an ex to feel like that. It's better to move on after a while.
Yeah, someone I know did. He was a massive ****boy and loved to chat about his ex all day, it was easy to see he was still in love with her but had a 'lad' image to keep up by sleeping by any other female that came along. I don't know if I felt sorry for him or not
Reply 7
Original post by bellalalaxo
Yeah, someone I know did. He was a massive ****boy and loved to chat about his ex all day, it was easy to see he was still in love with her but had a 'lad' image to keep up by sleeping by any other female that came along. I don't know if I felt sorry for him or not

When you mean chat do you mean kindly or unkindly?
When you mean chat do you mean kindly or unkindly?

he'd say something nice about her, realise it and then make a bitchy comment like "yeah she loved to do this in bed" as if it was anyone else's business
Reply 9
Original post by bellalalaxo
he'd say something nice about her, realise it and then make a bitchy comment like "yeah she loved to do this in bed" as if it was anyone else's business

That is very very sad.

What's happened to him now?
That is very very sad.

What's happened to him now?

I don't talk to him anymore. Last I knew he was still at it, sleeping around with anyone he can. It's been a few years since he broke up with his ex, they were like school sweethearts. I have no clue what's happened to her either but she was dating someone else when I knew him
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I had a ONS back in December with a guy I had often seen at parties. Afterwards, we got talking about exes. He was telling me how when he was in Year 13, he had found this amazing girl and they started dating. They were together for about 8 months or something before he dumped her. He dumped her because he secretly had been egged on by his mates to become single for Freshers week and at the time, he was weak enough to give in. He dumped her, slept around during Freshers week and she was a pretty good ex. She didn't talk to him or anything and got on with her A levels. A few months later, he started backchatting about her openly. A lot of their mutual friends told him to shut up and to leave her alone. He did and spent the rest of his uni years sleeping around and getting piss drunk because he missed her.

The ex got into the same uni as him and has a boyfriend. He has to put up with them walking around every other week.

I didn't say anything at the time because you could genuinely see how hurt he was of getting rid of someone who cared for him for just a few ONSs. But all I can say is that I hope Freshers was worth it.

But yeah, it's rare for an ex to feel like that. It's better to move on after a while.

how old was this guy, and why did you have a ons with him, he sounds like a whore?
how old was this guy, and why did you have a ons with him, he sounds like a whore?

He's three years older than me.

What's it to you if I did? It's not any of your business is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending