Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation Questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Vickycox14
Hi, I’m studying adult nursing in September and just wondered which campus would be better to live on. I know Glenside is a healthcare campus and my lectures are there but at the same time I would like to meet other people and live on Frenchay. What would you recommend and if I did decide to live on Frenchay would it be a lot of hassle?

Hello, I'm also an adult nursing applicant for September. if I'm given an offer, I'd probably be going for Frenchay campus as well
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
I'm going to study Illustration at UWE but I'm struggling to decide between Host Transom and Nelson & Drake. Does anyone know anything that might help me choose?
Original post by imogenhowe
I'm going to study Illustration at UWE but I'm struggling to decide between Host Transom and Nelson & Drake. Does anyone know anything that might help me choose?

I’ll choose Nelson and Drake as first choice ( talked to a few current student they all suggested the same ). I know nothing about host transom tho ! I’m also studying Illustration but I’ll be going straight to Year 2 instead of Year 1
Has anyone received an offer for accommodation yet? I applied the day the applications opened and haven't heard anything back yet and just thought I should have by now. Thanks in advance
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone received an offer for accommodation yet? I applied the day the applications opened and haven't heard anything back yet and just thought I should have by now. Thanks in advance

Think there's a delay while the uni figures out whether to rig the allocation to place study bubbles together in accommodation to limit Covid transmission.
What to do if I don’t like my accommodation offer ? What option do I have ?
Original post by honeynghost
What to do if I don’t like my accommodation offer ? What option do I have ?

The wording of the email seems to be in the vein of 'take it or leave it'. Whether it's actually that arbitrary is, I guess, currently being tested. But the only apparent other official option is to use the offered assistance to find private accommodation.
Original post by Dee-Emma
The wording of the email seems to be in the vein of 'take it or leave it'. Whether it's actually that arbitrary is, I guess, currently being tested. But the only apparent other official option is to use the offered assistance to find private accommodation.

Thanks, some people say is possible to appeal, but someone said they might put me in place that are more worse. I got panicked because I am worry of losing my current place rn after sending the email ( asking if I can appeal to get into my 1st Choice). I sent a followed up email clarifying that I am not declining the current offer. I am just gonna try to make the best out of it ><
Reply 148
Thinking of moving to frenchay from the city centre as due to covid there isn't the benefit of nightlife or mingling with many other students. But I love the city regardless. Any advice?
Original post by JaBil
Thinking of moving to frenchay from the city centre as due to covid there isn't the benefit of nightlife or mingling with many other students. But I love the city regardless. Any advice?

Lots of variables. If most of your time is at Frenchay and you're just in the city to sleep it could be a good move. Seems there's stuff happening on the Frenchay campus too. City Campus is a ghost town right now.
Original post by lizzie64
Hello! I have firmed my choice to start in September studying Business and Human Resources which is on the Frenchay campus. I'm just looking at accommodation and have always wanted to live in a city, do you know if many people live in the city centre who study at the Frenchay campus? What would you recommend, city or campus?

Thank you!

hi. i know this is 4yrs old ahaha but just wondering what did u do and where did u stay because im studying the same course hopefully
Original post by niaselina
Hi!
I'm applying for city campus accommodation, and am waiting for uwe to accept my firm offer first. I'm torn between marketgate, phoenix court, and nelson and drake, though I can't find out how many people there are per flat. Does anyone know roughly how many people live per flat in these accommodations?

hopefully will be in same situation in a few months. where did u end up?
I'm putting uwe as my insurance choice meaning that I can't apply for accommodation until I get my exam results. What are the chances of getting university halls accommodation in August?
Hi, when you've submitted your application and your named contact has received their email, is there anything else we have to do? Or just wait? Does the named contact act have to do anything (I've not see the email only they said that they don't think they need to do anything, just not reject being named contact)?
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could relate to the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Of the city centre accomodations, is there one that is generally though of as being the most desirable/most popular?
Are there any frenchay accommodations still opened?
Reply 156
I have been accepted and am staying in the student village on Frenchay campus, is there a way to talk to who im sharing a flat with before I go?Thanks :smile:
Accepted at Derby University....can you recommend a house to rent with my dependants.....am with my husband and son
Reply 158
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could relate to the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

are you ever planning on moving shaftesbury hall students to purdon view or releasing us from our contract to allow us to get a private accommodation near the uni?
Original post by ebony_pulman
I got my offer for the Hollies through today!
Hi are there en suite rooms available at the hollies?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending