The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Accommodation for Physics at York

Hi guys, I'll be attending York in September and wanted some advice on which college to pick for accommodation. I'd love a suggestion for the most convenient, the most social and one that is sort of in between. Thanks for all your help!
James-Derwent-Vanbrugh, in order of response to your question. But I'd reccommend none!
University of York
York
Original post by SP195
Hi guys, I'll be attending York in September and wanted some advice on which college to pick for accommodation. I'd love a suggestion for the most convenient, the most social and one that is sort of in between. Thanks for all your help!

Hiya,

James College is where your department will be based, so if you are looking for the closest college this is the one! Bear in mind that teaching can happen all over Campus West so you might not always be learning there. 10 minutes away is Halifax College so a good choice if you want to have a bit of separation from where you are being taught and where you are living.

Campus West houses thousands of students so it is safe to say wherever you are is generally going to be social. Derwent College has YUSUs The Courtyard bar and D-bar but wherever you are on campus you are no more than 5-10 minutes walk from either of these. Langwith College on Campus East is home to the Glasshouse bar and is only a free 5 minute bus ride away from Campus West.

A couple of things to think about:
Do you want ensuite or shared bathroom?
Do you want catered or self-catered accommodation?

All of the colleges offer something different and at varying prices. I recommend you have a look at our Rooms and prices page to get an idea of which college offers what. You can also see individual college information from this page too including walking distances, facilities available and pictures of the accommodation.

Hope this helps!

Annie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending