The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Ref the wait for updates of applications on the portal my other half works for hmrc and she has had 2 job offers in less than 24 hrs so there seems to be some movement ref jobs on the portal one of which she was on the reserve list for, but she has an application from last year with no movement yet which she thinks they may just pull the job because of financial constraints which has happened before to her
Original post by Mcclorp
Hi anyone apply for the work coach EO jobs few weeks ago, just waiting on interviews

Yes, I applied in Greater Manchester. My app is still being reviewed. It's so frustrating how long it takes.
I've been told interviews will take place between 28/6-17/7, so hopefully we'll hear soon.
Rinsendry your advert was a separate one from the one I applied for but your dates for interview are the same but they will probably change the dates as when I booked mine I was only given the option of the 4th July to the 14th including weekends but I'm on holiday from the 6 th so only had 2 days to choose from.
Hi also got invited to interview for Liverpool, any word on Dorset Somerset area also applied there
McClure there was something about multiple applications for work coach roles on the job advert don't know if that may be relevant for you to read what it states I can't remember the exact points it said but I believe your first application will take precedence and your scores and interview result too, you will only have the one interview the other applications should state duplicate application or words similar
I ended up needing to attend two interviews for two districts. It depends on the different districts you apply for
That doesn't surprise me with the way these recruitment drives go but I was just quoting the advert for mine, seems like nothing is written in stone but I suppose you get more experience by having more than one interview.
Ref your choice of locations, it says you get a list again once you have booked your interview, do you get this list by email or when you attend the interview ?
When you get invited to interview you will get an attachment which lists all of the jobcentres within that particular district. It will ask you to number your preferences and if you have applied for more than one district it will also ask you to list those in order of preference. I applied for two London districts and a Surrey district. My first interview was for Surrey, I was told that I only needed to attend one interview for all of the districts I had applied for. Two months after my initial intetview however I was called and asked to attend another interview for London. Shortly after I was put on reserve for Surrey and given a provisional offer for the two London districts and then after sometime Surrey called with a provisional offer. That was my personal experience, others have only needed to attend one.
How did your first two days go Cat?
Original post by Lewisj7
How did your first two days go Cat?

Good thanks. I've just spent the last two days walking around and meeting everyone. All the staff are really friendly and welcoming. I'm waiting to be set up on the system so that I can access my contract etc and start my elearning. Once I've had my safety training I'll be able to observe other work coaches and I've been told that in a couple of weeks I'll spend 6 weeks training in another office. Do you have a start date yet?
Original post by Cat2121
Good thanks. I've just spent the last two days walking around and meeting everyone. All the staff are really friendly and welcoming. I'm waiting to be set up on the system so that I can access my contract etc and start my elearning. Once I've had my safety training I'll be able to observe other work coaches and I've been told that in a couple of weeks I'll spend 6 weeks training in another office. Do you have a start date yet?

Sounds good, bet you're glad to finally be started it's been a good few months waiting for this hasn't it!

No start date yet still waiting for pre employment checks to be completed.. on the 8th day so far so I'd say a good few weeks yet lol!
Original post by Lewisj7
Sounds good, bet you're glad to finally be started it's been a good few months waiting for this hasn't it!

No start date yet still waiting for pre employment checks to be completed.. on the 8th day so far so I'd say a good few weeks yet lol!

Yeah it's been a while. I attended my first interview in mid Feb, got an offer in April, waited 27 days for checks and then another 6 weeks to start. It's a long process but totally worth it in the end so hang in there, hopefully it won't be much longer!
Original post by Cat2121
Yeah it's been a while. I attended my first interview in mid Feb, got an offer in April, waited 27 days for checks and then another 6 weeks to start. It's a long process but totally worth it in the end so hang in there, hopefully it won't be much longer!

Yeah im sure it will be worth it.. it's a job I've wanted to do for a while! They're estimating a mid August start date but whether that happens is another story lol.

Have they mentioned about any holidays once you've started.. they asked me about pre arranged and I have one in July which will before my start date but also a long weekend at the end of August and they said to let my line manager know.. probably because they estimate an August start date.
I just did the CSIST and scored better than 60% of those who previously did the test. Is this good? Do they normally offer interviews to those who did better on the CSIST?
Original post by Jane1738
I just did the CSIST and scored better than 60% of those who previously did the test. Is this good? Do they normally offer interviews to those who did better on the CSIST?

Hi - my understanding is that the test is a screening test, so it's an in/out procedure. If your feedback says that you have reached the required standard then you should be fine - the interview decision will be based on your write-up of the competencies, so as long as you achieve a 4 or above in each competency you should get an interview, I would have thought. (I'm not an expert though, so I could be wrong about this)
Original post by Lewisj7
Yeah im sure it will be worth it.. it's a job I've wanted to do for a while! They're estimating a mid August start date but whether that happens is another story lol.

Have they mentioned about any holidays once you've started.. they asked me about pre arranged and I have one in July which will before my start date but also a long weekend at the end of August and they said to let my line manager know.. probably because they estimate an August start date.

Hi - they will honour any holidays you have booked. However, just so you are aware, the training appears to be an intensive 8 week course (this is the training I've been put on, anyway). So if you have a lot of holiday booked during the training period you may need to join a later training cohort so you don't miss any of it. This may differ from region to region though. I'm just speaking from my own experience.
Original post by Blacklace
Hi - they will honour any holidays you have booked. However, just so you are aware, the training appears to be an intensive 8 week course (this is the training I've been put on, anyway). So if you have a lot of holiday booked during the training period you may need to join a later training cohort so you don't miss any of it. This may differ from region to region though. I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Thank you! Yeah they mentioned a 6 week training course when they rang to offer the job and also said about an NVQ we would be doing. It's only a long weekend I'm away for and by the time I start I can't imagine it would be much of an issue. I'm still pending pre employment checks at present so a good few weeks for me till I start.

How are you finding the role.. are you enjoying it?
Can you guys confirm that the security check is a basic disclosure Scotland check ?
Original post by silver67surfer
Can you guys confirm that the security check is a basic disclosure Scotland check ?

That's correct. You can also check the progress of your checks.

https://beta.tracker.disclosure.scot/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending