The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

I know , it's taking so long !! Hope you all get good news soon !
I know that South London, West London and North London are still interviewing. I've got another interview tomorrow!
Original post by Cat2121
I know that South London, West London and North London are still interviewing. I've got another interview tomorrow!

I don't understand why they are interviewing again 4-6 weeks later.
Oh my Cat2121 , good luck ! You'll do great , again !! At least you know what you're in for !!
Original post by MinnieMe92
I don't understand why they are interviewing again 4-6 weeks later.

I originally applied for Berkshire and then made further applications to London districts. Had my interview for Berkshire on 16/02/17 and was told that I only needed to attend one interview for all of my applications, I waited for results and was informed of my score for Berkshire two weeks ago. After emailing the London contact asking when results would be released I received a phone call telling me I needed to attend an interview for London and that I and many others had fallen into a 'black hole' - her words, not mine! They have arranged for all of these people to be interviewed this week and I was told results for everyone would shortly follow. I have no idea why I have to attend another interview when no one else that I know of has!
Original post by Cat2121
I originally applied for Berkshire and then made further applications to London districts. Had my interview for Berkshire on 16/02/17 and was told that I only needed to attend one interview for all of my applications, I waited for results and was informed of my score for Berkshire two weeks ago. After emailing the London contact asking when results would be released I received a phone call telling me I needed to attend an interview for London and that I and many others had fallen into a 'black hole' - her words, not mine! They have arranged for all of these people to be interviewed this week and I was told results for everyone would shortly follow. I have no idea why I have to attend another interview when no one else that I know of has!

Fallen into a black hole?

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow!
Fallen into a black hole?

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks, hopefully you and others for London will have feedback very soon!
Got my start date today for the 24th - could have started earlier but I've got children to organise , so just wait g for them the email my terms and conditions and off we go !
I applied in the April 2016 intake and I am still on the reserve list for a work coach post. I applied for two districts. I was offered a decision maker post after around 6 months in one district but I haven't heard anything at all about the other one, which is much closer to me.
Original post by trojka08
I applied in the April 2016 intake and I am still on the reserve list for a work coach post. I applied for two districts. I was offered a decision maker post after around 6 months in one district but I haven't heard anything at all about the other one, which is much closer to me.

Maybe given them an email and ask how far down the list you are

What districts did you apply for and what was your score if you don't mind me asking
On 20th January I asked my position and I was number 17. I scored 5554 and my two districts are East Scotland & Glasgow/Lanarkshire
On 20th January I asked my position and I was number 17. I scored 5554 and my two districts are East Scotland & Glasgow/Lanarkshire

I think it depends on the level of competition in each particular area - I scored exactly the same as you and got a provisional offer straight away for the March 2017 campaign.
It makes me livid when they advertise for new vacancies when there are still people waiting for jobs from the last intake.
It makes me livid when they advertise for new vacancies when there are still people waiting for jobs from the last intake.

I don't blame you. I didn't accept my provisional offer as I am holding out for something nearer home, as I applied to more than one district and am on the reserve list for the others. So if I am still on the reserve list this time next year and I see the roles advertised again I'll be pretty p*** off as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone heard anything from Nottingham Lincs and Rutland applications/ offers
Got all excited, spotted an email from civil service but all it was was a survey lol talk about an anticlimax!
Original post by Cassnottz
Got all excited, spotted an email from civil service but all it was was a survey lol talk about an anticlimax!

Me too!!!
Original post by Cat2121
Me too!!!

How was your interview?
How was your interview?

It's went really well thanks. It was my second so I knew exactly what to expect. I asked when I would hear back and was told that results would be released by the end of the week. Hopefully it won't be too long now. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending