The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't worry I'm sure if they want it they'll ask xx
Anyone have a contact number for civil service resourcing?
Original post by MinnieMe92
They usually call on private and leave a voicemail if they can't reach you.

Original post by Cat2121
They called on private for me too

Original post by myturnnow
I had no caller id.

Cheers guys.

Emailed in yesterday, by chance, to check my position on the reserve list and was asked to give them a call back right away. Turns out they had tried to contact me last week. but I didn't get a voicemail for some reason.

They offered me a similar sort of role within the 'Access to Work' department, in a different district, but in an area close by to me. I gladly accepted. They said the recruitment team will be in touch, to get the checks started and issue a start date. Great news.

Was on the reserve list for exactly 4 weeks, with a score of 6,6,5,4.
Original post by Jay Jones
Cheers guys.

Emailed in yesterday, by chance, to check my position on the reserve list and was asked to give them a call back right away. Turns out they had tried to contact me last week. but I didn't get a voicemail for some reason.

They offered me a similar sort of role within the 'Access to Work' department, in a different district, but in an area close by to me. I gladly accepted. They said the recruitment team will be in touch, to get the checks started and issue a start date. Great news.

Well done! That is fantastic news!!!
Fabulous news !!
Cheers guys.

Well done, this is great news! Is it in Harrow by any chance?
Cheers guys.

Can I ask which email you contacted them about the reserve list. Is it just the one found on the original job advert?

I got 5,5,6,5 so no idea how long I could be with those scores,
Well done, this is great news! Is it in Harrow by any chance?

Good guess - it is indeed! Is that where you'll be based?

Original post by IamJacksContempt
Can I ask which email you contacted them about the reserve list. Is it just the one found on the original job advert?

I got 5,5,6,5 so no idea how long I could be with those scores,

Yep, it was the contact from the original job advert.

Fingers crossed you'll get offered something soon!
Good guess - it is indeed! Is that where you'll be based?

Yep, it was the contact from the original job advert.

Fingers crossed you'll get offered something soon!

I had the same call two days after I was offered work coach by another district.
I had the same call two days after I was offered work coach by another district.

Ah ok - yeah it seems like they have a fair few of these roles to fill, by the sounds of it and have been instructed to use the work coach reserve list to do so.

It's been 48 hours since my offer, but no forms or anything have been sent yet - back to frequently checking the application centre, to see my original work coach application still in reserve. As the job I've been offered is in an entirely different district, for a different role, I'm not even sure that it will update....? Maybe they'll email them instead...
Ah ok - yeah it seems like they have a fair few of these roles to fill, by the sounds of it and have been instructed to use the work coach reserve list to do so.

It's been 48 hours since my offer, but no forms or anything have been sent yet - back to frequently checking the application centre, to see my original work coach application still in reserve. As the job I've been offered is in an entirely different district, for a different role, I'm not even sure that it will update....? Maybe they'll email them instead...

Mine took 6 days to update if that helps...
Mine took 6 days to update if that helps...

Was it 6 days before you received any of the forms too?

I'm reluctant to share the good news with others, until something written comes through and the checks officially begin - just having a phone call and then nothing else to follow, makes it still seem a bit up in the air!
Was it 6 days before you received any of the forms too?

I'm reluctant to share the good news with others, until something written comes through and the checks officially begin - just having a phone call and then nothing else to follow, makes it still seem a bit up in the air!

Yep. So I received a call on a Wednesday followed by an email from the caller to say that I have been offered a place and the job centre I will be in. Then the following Tuesday my status changed on CSR and I recieved an email from CSR with instructions and the forms.

I know, it feels more official once you get the CSR email!
And then you have to wait what seems like an age to get these checks through!
Original post by Cat2121
And then you have to wait what seems like an age to get these checks through!

Hopefully you will hear back by the beginning of next week.
For anybody that's been called and made an offer, via the reserve list - what kind of number did they contact you from? Landline, mobile or unknown? Did they leave a voicemail if you weren't able to answer?

I get about 10 spam calls a day from dodgy numbers and have been answering way too many of these for my liking, just in case it;s them!

The number is withheld unfortunately. I had my call at the same time as an email confirmed the provisional offer. Civil service jobs had been updated 15 minutes before that .
Worth emailing every week to find out where you are on the list. I have now accepted my place and the start date will be 1 month after the offer came thru.
Reply 1797
Hi all

Wondered if anyone knows roughly how long it normally takes from pre-employment checks to formal offer?
They say up to 20 days but it is different for everyone. Mine took 19 days .
Original post by lumps
Hi all

Wondered if anyone knows roughly how long it normally takes from pre-employment checks to formal offer?

I submitted mine just over 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. I guess it depends on how busy they are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending