The Student Room Group

Do you have to take notes to revise?...

So for history...I have frikking stacks and stacks of content to learn. But our school gave us some podcasts things to revise from. Would constantly listening to these podcasts all the time be enough to remember all the information? Or would I have to take notes from them which is so so so time consuming.
Original post by Username3097486
So for history...I have frikking stacks and stacks of content to learn. But our school gave us some podcasts things to revise from. Would constantly listening to these podcasts all the time be enough to remember all the information? Or would I have to take notes from them which is so so so time consuming.

Do what works for you. If listening to podcasts is enough for you to remember it than fine, if not try other methods like notes, flashcards etc etc
I personally don't learn from either.
I write my notes out just so I have some sort of basis for revision tbh because the textbooks are insanely long.
Different people learn in different ways though so try the podcast method, do a past paper and see what you remember :smile:
I'm currently doing notes from the textbook and I have made my own booklet for Vietnam war - I prefer to have everything typed out but not heavily contented so it is easier to digest - work out how you work best :smile:
Thank you
Reply 5
Like others said, it's whatever works best for you. The only subject I make notes for is English Lit, and for all the others I just re-read the textbook/listen to videos. It works for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest