The Student Room Group

Stress and Bad Dreams

Arghhhhhhh, I am officially now really stressing about my exams, I have so much to learn and all of my exams (7) are in 2 days!!!!

Had a nightmare last night that I took my History exam and didn't get the chance to revise at all!! I haven't actually done any revision for it yet so its super scared me :s-smilie: I know I will revise lot before then (well in the 4 days i have, I always leave revision to the last min. lol) but how can I de-stress as well as study really hard. I can't tell myslef that they aren't important becasue then I wont revise but If i worry about how I am going to fail the most important exams of my life that can determine what uni's I can apply to then I will be soooo stressed. As I currently am.

I woke up after my bad dream with a headache, which won't go away now .....not a good start.

Advice please?

Is anyone else feeling the same?

xxx
I am sure most candidates feel some degree of stress and worry before any examination. Just try to replace those negative thoughts which could inadvertently effect your performance with positive reinforcement. Try looking at this thread for some encouragement.
Reply 2
Not really advice but I've been having strange dreams too, think they could be related to the stress of exams. I think I've done badly on the exams I've already done but I have just put them behind me now, trying to think that academic success isn't everything. The more you worry the worse you will likely perform in the exams probably, but a bit of stress is always good.

I'm contradicting myself now and probably wasn't much help, but I tried...At least your not the only one feeling stressed.
Reply 3
i had revision but left it in my dads car, then he crashed his car and its been written off. anyone think this could be a sign that my exam went bad and ive done rubbish?
i had this a few weeks ago, i took some time out, and it worked pretty well. i don't know if you are in a position to do this, but if you are, do! it works really well because the dreams were transferring into everyday life with me....
Make sure you take regular short breaks during your revision with one longer break for lunch to do something that will de stress you. For me, it's music or TV, but for you, it might be taking a walk, playing a bit of sport or whatever. If you're stressed, you probably won't concentrate very well anyway, so you'll take less in, and you're less likely to be thinking clearly in the exams.
rachd_22
i had revision but left it in my dads car, then he crashed his car and its been written off. anyone think this could be a sign that my exam went bad and ive done rubbish?

LOL sorry i ust think thats positive rep worthy
rachd_22

A day before the exam, I had serious mental issue that I even think of shooting a garbage to a basket thinking that "I'll get A if this goes in!".

It didn't and I did well in the exam.
rachd_22

A day before the exam, I had serious mental issue that I even think of shooting a crumpled paper to a basket/bin thinking that "I'll get A if this goes in!".

It didn't and I did well in the exam.
Reply 9
The Bandit suggests *Tears and Butterflies* shuts the **** up and takes a neurofen, the nutcase.
The Bandit
The Bandit suggests *Tears and Butterflies* shuts the **** up and takes a neurofen, the nutcase.

hehehe lol, you may be mocking me, but it made me laugh :smile:

Latest