The Student Room Group

How to deal with wait and stress after interviews

Hey, so I’ve just had 1 interview for dentistry, I have 2 more left but the one I had was my top choice and dream uni. (Bart’s and the London)

I am so nervous since though it didn’t go badly, I’m not too sure how I came across as. It felt so quick and one of the interviews didn’t give any indication if I was doing well or answering how they’d like me to. I feel like this wait is tough since it’s coming to the 3rd year of me applying and if I don’t get in it’s not feasible for me to apply again since I won’t be able to fund the course after doing smth else like bio med.
I never before made it as far as to get interviews so that alone I’m very proud of myself. But I don’t want it to be all for nothing.
I know that no one can really help change outcomes or anything now. But I just feel like the pressure eating at me slowly. I only tend to get stressed about academics since I’ve really had to push myself to prove my worth in the past.

Just wanted to vent to others, and everyone who’s in a similar situation to me to feel proud they made it this far and also how tough it is to be against people who are amazing. Everyone on here seems like an academic weapon

If anyone has any useful advice or just feels the same way it will be nice to know I’m not alone in this 😁😬.

Only plans I have now are, even though I’m stressed trying to block it out as much as I can and prep for the next too 🍀👍
Reply 1
Original post by zakata
Hey, so I’ve just had 1 interview for dentistry, I have 2 more left but the one I had was my top choice and dream uni. (Bart’s and the London)

I am so nervous since though it didn’t go badly, I’m not too sure how I came across as. It felt so quick and one of the interviews didn’t give any indication if I was doing well or answering how they’d like me to. I feel like this wait is tough since it’s coming to the 3rd year of me applying and if I don’t get in it’s not feasible for me to apply again since I won’t be able to fund the course after doing smth else like bio med.
I never before made it as far as to get interviews so that alone I’m very proud of myself. But I don’t want it to be all for nothing.
I know that no one can really help change outcomes or anything now. But I just feel like the pressure eating at me slowly. I only tend to get stressed about academics since I’ve really had to push myself to prove my worth in the past.

Just wanted to vent to others, and everyone who’s in a similar situation to me to feel proud they made it this far and also how tough it is to be against people who are amazing. Everyone on here seems like an academic weapon

If anyone has any useful advice or just feels the same way it will be nice to know I’m not alone in this 😁😬.

Only plans I have now are, even though I’m stressed trying to block it out as much as I can and prep for the next too 🍀👍

Hey Zakata,

I am in similar shoes, had a couple of interviews (not yet with my dream uni). After the first one I was constantly checking my emails to see if I'd received an offer.

I'd say just keep positive and try and focus on other things like your studies or meet up with friends etc. You've done it now so no point stressing out about it.

You got this. 🤞🏻
Reply 2
Original post by Emi1031
Original post by zakata

Hey Zakata,

I am in similar shoes, had a couple of interviews (not yet with my dream uni). After the first one I was constantly checking my emails to see if I'd received an offer.

I'd say just keep positive and try and focus on other things like your studies or meet up with friends etc. You've done it now so no point stressing out about it.

You got this. 🤞🏻

Thank you 🙌
Hope it all goes well for you too 🍀🍀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending