The Student Room Group

VL12 versus LV21 (History and Politics)

My offer from Sheffield is an offer for "History and Politics (VL12)" and my offer from Durham is for "History and Politics (LV21)". Is there any difference? Or is it the difference between "Politics and History" and "History and Politics"? (as the letters and numbers are the same, but in a different order)

I looked here but no mention of the course is made. Also on the Durham website it appears that there is no History and Politics course, whereas it is mentioned here. Has the course been dropped for future years or just an admin error?

I admit, it's late and I have too much time on my hands.
When I was applying I got so confused with all the different codes...at one point, with a narrowed down list I had several different codes. The six I applied to were all VL12 and LV21, I think my firm and insurance have different ones.. as far as I know there isn't any major difference, I gave up trying to work it out anyway.

The Durham course might be run by the Politics dept instead of the History dept which would explain why you can't find it there maybe.
Reply 2
Durham are weird like that. Law is usually M100 for everywhere, but for inexplicable reasons Durham law is M101.

It was a question raised at the open day, but it's simply a quirk of Durham. I think it's similar in your situation.
Reply 3
I applied to:
Aberystwyth (LVF1)
Exeter (LV21)
LSE (LV21)
Manchester (VL12)
Warwick (VL12)

I don't think it makes much difference whatsoever whether it's VL12 or LV21.
Reply 4
nikki12345
The Durham course might be run by the Politics dept instead of the History dept which would explain why you can't find it there maybe.

That appears to be correct.
Reply 5
AdamTJ
Durham are weird like that. Law is usually M100 for everywhere, but for inexplicable reasons Durham law is M101.

It was a question raised at the open day, but it's simply a quirk of Durham. I think it's similar in your situation.

Were you on the 20th-21st open day?

*melodramatically*

I was the boy who raised the question!!!
Reply 6
Yep, you raised it didn't you. I was the other guy who was also answering/asking a lot of questions behind you.
Reply 7
I don't remember you :s!

You mean, directly behind me, or right up in the back row?

Latest

Trending

Trending